trevuk
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Interesting read Tunein is free and vTuner charged Bose 50 cents per device which was used for developing a premium service. Bose has not communicated and this fiasco of withdrawing a service that customers used heavily without warning is the one of the worst corporate public relationships  I have ever seen. MBA courses will be bringing this up as an example for many many years. 

CapitanoDD
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 19, 2017

Figures it was an investment decision versus a customer satisfaction decision!
Crazy.
And I just noticed that blue tooth connected music (from radio) CANNOT be mirrored on other connected ST devices...hmm...again a limitation of the decision to use tune in vs internet radio!!!
50¢... What a crazy decision, if reports are accurate. Disappointing to sell the Bose as a superior listening experience and then try to convince people tune in is better since it has "talk radio sports stations"...how is that a superior sound experience!?!? Does not make sense..other than a financially driven solution..
As another Bose lover said earlier...come on people..please provide comments and feedback!!
Thanks all, hope this is rectified in near future.
Kind regards
CapitanoDee
FWeyn
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

What I can’t figure out is why Bose keeps silent on this forum!

Is this lack of resources, trying to figure out what to do or plain arrogance thinking that this will blow over ? !

CapitanoDD
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 19, 2017

Apparently there is one customer response person.. Joel..who is reponsible for comment feedback...you can find his responses in the feeds re tune in radio and please send him your opinion!!!👍😎
trevuk
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Why is Bose still silent and unforgiving. Do they not realise this will not go away. They have upset all their Soundtouch customers. For me 4 of my internet service presets have disappeared and the channels are not in TuneIn repository. Does Bose not realise that when customers are forced out they will become irrelevant.Bose is failing to communicate, it is failing to meet customer product expectations  and promises, it has displayed a lack of corporate planning and advise and the company needs to provide a statement of intent to resolve the customer complaints on this board. 

They nee dto restore vTuner internet radio or add a service for customers to add a url to stream audio.

I have an expensive blutooth device now  and it is unacceptable that 2 products I bought only last year have been crippled with a defective alternative to internet radio. This breaks many laws in the EU and the UK. I hope Bose read this and start talking.

Highlighted
MarcV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Devices bought long before the switch to tuneIn should have their 50 cents for the vtuner service paid for. So those devices should still be serviced by vtuner...

CapitanoDD
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 19, 2017

(Ok one correction..seems the Bluetooth is allowing mirroring on other ST devices..just so people know).
The other Tune In limitations are still an issue to address!
SimonHP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

When I logged into the forum, I was asked if I wanted to do a review on exit. I completed a review and was then told that there was an error saving the review. Perhaps it was because my review was not favourable. Come on Bose, respond to your customers. Silence on this issue is not a good way of helping your customers.

jlobo@shaw.ca
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Like everboy since this switch to Tunein none of my 4Lobos Stations which were added to Vtuner works now.  I have called Bose and given them my Station names.  They said they will get back to me in 2 weeks.

My Stations are:

4Lobos Konkani Radio Station

4Lobos Pop & Oldies Radio Station

4Lobos Bollywood Radio

I have 3 bose devices and its frustrating to note that I cannot hear my own Radio Stations and Unfortunately Tunein does not want to add any new stations. This has been going on for more than a year.  Cannot understand why Bose would select Tunein when most of their stations are not available.   Seems Bose is Penny wise pound foolish!

4Lobos

trevuk
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Try browsing TuneIn website and playing many incognito streams and you will find many of them do not work. This service not fit for purpose and Bose customers should start a class action for incompetence and false misleading advertising of it's products before we bought them. They will lose and will face paying millions in damages as VW has recently discovered.