Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

I just received this e-mail from tunein support:

Quote:

Hello Joe,
Thank you for getting back to us.
We do apologize for this inconvenience, but we've already reached out to Bose for assistance and will get back to you as soon as we here anything from them.
For more information about TuneIn on your Bose device please follow this link:
https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/11-20-Update-TuneIn-internet-radio-information/m-p...
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Erlene

Unquote:

Looks like Tunein are passing the bug to Bose.  The information link above is nothing but the communty bose thread about the problem.( Where I saw a bunch of Frustrated Customers)  There has been no comments from Bose!  What a way to start something by Bose without  informing the customers.  We should all Claim refund for useless Bose Product because what they advertise about cusotomer listening to interrnet Radios is now not true!!!!!

4Lobos

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 21, 2017

A lot of ST owners are not happy about this change. Internet radio was one of the selling points for this unit. A bit disappointing to say the least. Please revise it.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 21, 2017

Please bring INTERNET RADIO back. This will impact reputation and sales for BOSE
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

ABC Radio National in Australia also no longer available with move to TuneIn. Delivers whole bunch of podcasts and previous shows but can't stream our national broadcaster's main radio station!!! Please fix this - note ability to add url link option others have suggested in their (very dissatisfied) comments

https://radio.abc.net.au/stations/RN/live?play=true 

Kate

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

@KPSRe ABC RN

Actually the Australian ABC station are there. Don't search tunein for it, use the browse function.

By Location -> Australasia -> Australia -> ABC (second from bottom of list) -> Stations (Not Local Stations)

That's where I found it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

As of 11/24, my Soundtouch 20 doesn't work. It keeps wanting to update, and none of the stations I used to listen to, are available any longer. I can't seem to set presets, and nothing works even though it worked perfectly for years. Also, my favorite station is not available in Tune in even though it worked great before 11/24. Tunein is not giving me any answers. The station is Relax-fm 101.ru. As of now, my Soundtouch is completely useless since it doesn't work at all, plus Relax-fm WAS the ONLY station we've been listening to.
Is it possible to add this station back? According to overwhelming comments of users, I am not the only one having these issues. You made the decision to switch to another Internet radio provider - then own it and save your reputation. Fix these issues and make everything work as before. Or, choose a better provider. Thanks.
Adgriswold@msn.com.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Thanks Quilpie Guy - this worked a treat. FYI to others  - the 'browse' function is at bottom of first page of TuneIn - follow Quilpie Guy's instructions below from By Location and you will find it.

Wish people like you were involved with this latest update, which clearly from all the unhappy users has NOT worked well in transition across to TuneIN

I tried whole series of searches and all I kept getting were whole series of episodes and shows of RN but not the full station list.

thanks again

Kate

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

hi

Just to complain that my bose speakers are now useless, the streaam stops continously !

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Wanneer brengen ze dit in orde?????????????

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

Took the effort to call the BE/NL Bose helpdesk (25mins wait !!).

Helpdesk agent was (more or less he claimed !) aware of the TuneIn issues, however no details. With regards to the delay on the VRT stations, he confirmed that Bose was working on this. However no futher details nor timelines. (Seems to have something todo with .hls streams allowing for 15min playback, I saw this on other forums)

Also asked why Bose stays silent on this forum as this would aleveate the pressure on helpdesk. No clear answer apart from the statement that this forum is managed by a different team (which I can understand). He was going to address this to his manager (not sure I beleive this !) 😞