clearcomms
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Good to hear that some of the problems are now being solved.

One of my problems - Radio Mozart (France) link offering the visual for Radio Mozart, but the sound from some mindless pop station - remains untouched.

I did get a (formula) e-mail from TuneIn saying they had raised it with Bose.

Sp I'm raising it with Bose again too !

Thanks for your effiorts, Joel - whoever is blamed for this pathertic situation, it should not be you!

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for all posts.

We have shifted to TuneIn as the primary source for our internet radio service on SoundTouch. While some of you may have seen our message in the SoundTouch app around Halloween noting the change was coming soon, we realize that for many this change was abrupt. For this we are sincerely sorry – you deserve a better experience than what we delivered.

While the move was not nearly as seamless as we would have hoped, we are still truly excited to celebrate TuneIn as our core provider of internet radio. TuneIn not only gives you access to over 100,000 stations, but also brings sports, news, talk, and millions of podcasts to the table. We’ve supported TuneIn as an integrated service for over a year now, and we’re confident you’re going to love them as a core part of the SoundTouch experience.

As for some housekeeping, if you are experiencing issues with internet radio service we encourage to you open the SoundTouch App to ensure your app and products are up to date with the latest software. If your product is not up to date, you should get a pop up notification prompting a software update when you launch the app.

Or if your presets are not working after the update, you can search for your station by going to TuneIn on Soundtouch and searching for your station by name to set a new preset.

In response to customer feedback on stream quality using TuneIn on SoundTouch, we have launched an update to address delays in playback and improve the overall stream quality for thousands of stations. This update should now be live on your SoundTouch devices. If you’re experiencing audio quality issues with TuneIn, leave a comment HERE.

There will be no SoundTouch application or system updates required.

You may need to close and re-open the app and stream if you don't notice an improvement.

If you're unable to locate your favorite station(s) in TuneIn, please leave a comment HERE with the station(s) details.

Thank you all for your continued patience and support.

Warm Regards,
Joel - Community Support

SteveDos
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Hi all

I used to love Bose and I have plenty of their products but after this mess I am thinking of moving on.

i have a question; is moving to Sonos going to effectively put me back to the internet radio functionality that we had before this change? Any decent product comparisons or reviews would be much appreciated.

steve

Graculus
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 1, 2016

Re: 11/27 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Thank you for addressing some of the issues caused by your arbitrary switch to TuneIn. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how I can access the UK only stream of BBC radio 5 Live. I know TuneIn carries the international version, but vTuner carries both and the UK only version is far less content restricted.
Highlighted
pschelle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

I see several people talking about dropping Bose in favor of Sonos.

I'm not on that track yet, but for me, I can/will no longer advice Bose (above Sonos) to friends until Bose does not add support for adding custom stations.

The lack that functionality has become painfullly clear now. 

Sorry Bose, but I do hope you learned your lesson and take proper action.

CentralBK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi @SteveDos,

To be fair, I would say ... no. Sonos uses TuneIn as well, in addition you can add a station manually.

But the biggest thing you loose are the presets on the speaker.

Knowing that, we ditched our three Bose ST-20 via eBay and got us 3 Apple HomePods instead. If I have to use an App to control our speakers, for us it was much more usefull to stream everything via Airplay 2 to the new ones, regardless witch functionallity (or not) the speaker app delivers.

If we made a wise decission, who knows and we will find out in the future. But so far no more trouble with finding speakers, bulding groups, stream the music from my NAS or any other source.

I still have one ST-20 in my Office, so I will be able to compare in the future.

And again, the most we miss is the presets (only Apple Music via Siri voice control)

Cheers,

Central

NicoleLV
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hi Jason,

Apparently even though TuneIn has over 1,000 station. I can’t find the ones I was currently listening to for a few years now which is truly a disappointment. Such as 106.7 KROQ in LA or 94.1 The Mix in Las Vegas just to name a few. It looks the TuneIn doesn’t offer these stations as they are CBS radio stations.

Can you please suggest another way I can set up my preset stations to get these stations so I can use my Sound Touch speaker again?

Thanks for your time!

peterbr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

That's a relief, my wife almost threw everything out

I would still feel more compfortable when we can insert the URL of our favourite streaming radio's ourselves, it's such an easy solution and I cannot understand why you won't feature this. Now I remain with the unpleasant fealing that everything can fail again tomorrow.

But for now, thank you for the follow up

SimonHP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Logic makes it hard to believe what you say. If you are suggesting that you have released an update to the SoundTouch systems to remove a 15 minute delay, then you obviously think we are gullible. There is unlikely to be enough memory in the SoundTouch systems to buffer the music for 15 minutes, and such a move would mean that that a station would play after 15 minutes. Plus we have not seen any updates being installed

I suggest that any update would have happened at tunein to remove the delay, that is a good move. But please be honest with us, so far we have had a total lack of information, and the information you released today is obviously dresssed up to sound like you have done something that you have not.

We would like to hear from you more often, we would like you to share what you are doing to solve the problem you created - even if you have not delivered it yet. Staying silent is just unacceptable.

Regards

Simon

Donelio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Radio Frequenza Appennino from Italy does not avaible in TuneIN