Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Re: 11/27 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

@Jason_G wrote:

11/27 - Update:

In response to customer feedback on stream quality using TuneIn on SoundTouch, we have launched an update to address delays in playback and improve the overall stream quality for thousands of stations. This update should now be live on your SoundTouch devices

Feedback after this update: My Q-Music (NL) and other radio stations are now working again. Stream quality: Start speed is OK, no significant delays to broadcast on any of my favorite stations. Audio Quality: substandard. Like a cheap FM radio with PC boxes. Although I never checked how vTuner was, it certainly had a sound with much more "body".

So although the immediate pain has gone for me, it still is an downgrade completely not worthy of a Bose soundsystem. Thank you for just devaluating my quite hefty investment in a sound system, but no thanks.

I will advise against buying Bose for Christmas to my friends.

Not only because of the quality itself (I think Sonos uses TuneIn as well, but at least you can manually add streams), but specifically because of the attitude of Bose, making the change disregarding the user's need and disregarding their positioning in the top segment and top pricing of their brand. This is a sign of a brand in decline.

Why not give us the possibilty to add our own streams, give us control? Why not give us the possibility to buy high quality streams? I would be mad in the last case, because I already spend a lot of money on Bose equipment; but hey, I am still your type of customer: willing and able to pay for quality, even demanding quality. Instead we get a diminished set of radio stations, via ad-supported free low-res audio streams, with no choice to escape. Exactly what your customer base --and me-- is trying to avoid (at all costs). So forgive me of being less than impressed by your solutions and feedback. 

So Bose: don't treat this as an incident that can be solved by tweaking some technical issues and adding some stations. The fact that it can happen hits the core of your company's values and brand positioning, and not in a positive sense.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Please add Absolut Radio Rock (London). It's not available now in Russia.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Hi Joel, 

thanks for replay.  i'm missing Polish Public Radio ( in particular Polskie Radio Trojka) https://player.polskieradio.pl/-3 . Not available in UK . 

Browse dont give any results. I know TuneIn very well from many years ago when I used to use app to listen internet radios but they ditched a lot of them some times ago and I have invested in Bose and was a happy user up to last update 

regards

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

I wonder if this depends on where you are.

I’m in France. If I browse for Polskie Radio Trojka it’s there (search by Location - Europe - Poland - Greater Poland)

Didn’t actually work, of course (error 4501) but it was there!

Good luck

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Hi

Thank you for posting. Could you please at least acknowledge that we are not asking for new stations to be added to the Bose SoundTouch system, we are asking for stations that have been available previously be RESTORED to the SoundTouch system. It is Bose actions that have caused us to be DEPRIVED of these stations.

What I need to know with some certainty is if and when those stations will be restored. I have seen your comments regarding referring things to development - since I work in software development I am aware that this is not an undertaking and does not provide a time frame.

My SoundTouch was bought in New Zealand with the express requirments of being able to access the stations I listen to. Rights exist under the New Zealand Consumers Guarantee Act that may need to excercise if the stations are not going to be made available in a reasonable time. (https://www.consumerprotection.govt.nz/general-help/consumer-laws/consumer-guarantees-act/).

Therefore, I request that you provide me with a list of the stations that I have requested be restored to the Bose system along with a timeframe for its implementation.

Regards

Simon

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Could be location because is not there but I had my stations before update been released so TuneIn and Bose have to sort it out

regards 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Swedish Chanel ”Lugna Favoriter”
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Hello All,

Thank you for the additional stations, I have pushed these to development. Don't forget to include your location for us when requesting. 

However, we do have some new information available at the beginning of this thread located HERE.

"With regard to missing channels, we are taking several approaches. First, we are keeping a list of the channels that you’ve notified us are missing. We are working closely with TuneIn to add those channels to their service where possible – they share our concern and have been working hard to help us remedy the SoundTouch experience. On this issue, we want to keep hearing from you so we can be sure to know what matters most – if you have a specific station request, please post it here in this thread. 

Beyond engaging with TuneIn directly, our team is working to add a method for users to add any radio stream URL to SoundTouch and set it as a preset."

We appreciate your patience during this time and are working to resolve these issues.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Could you please add to TuneIn Silver Rain radio (Moscow) 100.1 FM? http://www.silver.ru/radio/128.m3u

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

So why is it you did not think of the user experience before doing this change. Seems like all that Bose looked at was how much could they save. Certantly did not look into how much they would inconveience they customer.