01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Audible Advocate

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

@Joel_D wrote:

"Beyond engaging with TuneIn directly, our team is working to add a method for users to add any radio stream URL to SoundTouch and set it as a preset."

I really hope this will come quickly, because listening to my favourite radio station by using a separate device and bluetooth is really not handy and does not correspond to the reason why I bought a SoundTouch (i.e. the presets enabling "one-button" access).

Vocal Volunteer

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

>Beyond engaging with TuneIn directly, our team is working to add a method for users to add any radio stream URL to SoundTouch and set it as a preset.

Before buying into SoundTouch I used this feature with iTunes. I contacted a number of radio stations seeking out their stream URLs and easily added the URL to iTunes, giving me access to local radio stations that ShoutCast didn’t provide at the time. This was a few years ago. When SoundTouch and VTuner came along all my favourite channels became available. Fortunately those same streams are available in TuneIn.

Internet radio has been such a valuable feature replacing FM over the air and cable and compliments the SoundTouch speakers. I can appreciate the frustration experienced by those who have lost their favourite channels recently.

Adding the ability to import the stream URLs will be a real plus welcomed update!

Quiet Contributor

Hi,

Can't get KYW 1060 AM news station in Philadelphia, on Tunein.   This is a major if not THE major news rado station in Philadelphia.

Thank you

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Yep adding the ability to manually add stations to presets would be great, and the first upgrade since adding the time to the display.

Friendly Fanatic

The following stations do not work in the Bose App

4TO 102.3 Townsville
Hit 103.1 Townsville

I can get Hit 103.1 Townsville to work on the tunein app abut can not find 4TO 102.3 Townsville

Now it looks like I have to pay for this app!

Wondering why you tried to fix something that worked well with something that doesn't work at all Smiley Sad

Friendly Fanatic

I also forgot to mention that I haven't seen the update you mention that was rolled out on the 27th, has this not reached the Australian store yet?

Audible Advocate

I live in South Carolina, USA.

My daily prefered station on Internet Radio doesn't work anymore. TuneIn cannot find it.

Please add:

Relax FM 90.8 from Moscow, http://relaxfm.radio.net

Much better would be, of course, the ability to add any radio stream URL to SoundTouch!

Still don't understand why Bose removed Internet Radio; I acquired the SounTouch Speakers just for it and now? Expensive paperweight? 

Audible Advocate

Since the 27/11 update the delay in Belgium sounds fixed. The main advantage of TuneIn compared to the previous system is that now we can see what song is playing on the station which is nice!
But please make sure we always get the highest quality as possible, maybe with a setting for other people with limited bandwidth...
Quiet Contributor

Hi, I am from Canada and also was very disturbed by the changes you made... The 2 radios that I would like reintroduced are from Spain and easily found on the internet:

Misterium

Misterium 2

Friendly Fanatic

Hi

I am in the UK with a missing station, please add to the list of stations -

104.5 WXLO based in Worcester MASSACHUSETTS 

thanks

steve