pheffner
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2016

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Two more for your "missing station" list:

- Virgin Radio London/UK

- Absolute Radio London/UK

Also; why does the tunein service pimp really hard on the Christian/Religious channels? Something to do with their ownership?

Buffy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Still feel like I was mislead into thinking I had access to internet radio. 

One of of our main reasons for wanting internet radio was because we like to listen to sports talk radio from different cities across the country, so now we have lost access to all of the cbs radio sites. One in particular that we want back is 

sports radio wip 94.1

Peter K
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Dear Bose-moderator,

we can give you a simple solution for all the issues your company has with SoundTouch. If Bose pays us $ 2260,  we will provide you with a SoundTouch 130, 30 and an adapter. So you can experiment with these devices as much as you like without causing us any more trouble.

Very very warm, almost red hot regards,

Peter

Highlighted
-Alex-
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Hi Bose,

a few suggestions of mine:

1) restore vTuner immediately

2) allow customer urls without restrictions (all formats/containers/playlists)

3) disable commercials at the beginning (added by tunein -> foolish idea of your managers to allow this)

4) add *ALL* stations, realized by radionomy (tunein deleded these stream 2 years ago to push their business!! -> e.g. all streams of https://bdjradio.com)

5) disable geo-blocking of *ALL* tunein stations (e.g. to listen "magic 105.4" in germany)

6) switch *ALL* stations to high quality (really sad that it is necessary to mention this!!)

x) if you miss all this, your customers will decide to do it... without your products!

LennyR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Just returned home from being away and can't get "LiveIreland" on my SoundTouch20.

Plus even though I have downloaded the updated app several times, it keeps telling me I need to download it each time I bring up the app on my Mac. What gives?

pwatkins
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

Users are experiencing the typical Bose incompetence with regards to releasing software and its total disregard for its customers.

Whatever happened to a little consideration or respect for one's customers. Even Google does that.

They introduce new themes and features in a way you can revert to the old version if you don't like the new. They run like that for months taking feedback and tweaking what is the essentially a public/beta release until they have most if not all the concerns addressed. Until they get it to where the users happy.

However, Bose does really doesn't care if its users/customers are happy.

They just stick it to its customer and provide a bunch of empty stock corporate speak, like:

"Thank you for the continued requests and feedback, I have passed them along to engineering." Empty words that do nothing.

WOW, what a waste of money I spent on Bose. All I can say is our dinner guests certainly won't buy Bose after last night.

Honestly, the choice of Stations of Tunein sucks. Plus there was no warning, no ability to defer the update even if just for a few weeks! 

I think whoever is running Bose SoundTouch division must have come from Microsoft given the attitude of ship crap and worry about the fallout later.

perytm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Re: VRT radio stations delay

Polskie Radio Trojka is missing in TuneIn
Please add
Location UK

Hello @Peter K,

We want you and all Bose customers to be fully satisfied.  We hope that you will continue to use your SoundTouch speaker with a variety of available content and await our updates and station additions.

However, if you are truly unhappy with the product and experience, Please contact your local Bose customer service team so we can address your specifics concerns. 

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Peter K
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Hello@Joel_D,

you suggest that I need to contact our local Bose-support. That is located in Tongeren/Belgium. I have already addressed them in the past about the problems after updating the app in december 2016. Just like you, they said that everything would be alright over time, as I would get used to the changes. But how can you trust someone who can not write one sentence in our native language ( Dutch) without an error. He even suggested that,  at my age( 60), it would take some more time. And even my son ( a 37 year old, highly certified electronic) had severe problems with the connectivity of his Acoustimass-module 130. After contacting Bose-support in Tongeren, he was not allowed to pass by with his broken module. He had to send it by post, even tough we live close by.  If that is customer service at Bose ... than this issue will become a major problem.

trevuk
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Will the Bose customer service team offer me a full refund on my Soundtouch 20 I purchased a year ago?

It has become unusable and it seems majority of Indian & Pakistan radio stations listed in the TuneIn simply time out with error and the stations that do work are not our preferences.