Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Total load of BS. Read how many customers have done just that. They contacted their supprt options with no results. Just more

empty words.

Tunein sucks, which means Bose sucks.

Don't you guys get that!! 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

The people posting on this forum number a few dozen at most, and by definition somewhat technically adept. What really frosts me is the thought of the thousands, or tens (hundreds?) of thousands, of people out there who suddenly found that their presets didn't work two Sundays ago. And, if they were lucky, an incomplete attempt to replace their buttons with a TuneIn stream. That's if they even knew there was an app to update, and hadn't just had their teenage grandson set the presets up when they got the device. I can't imagine the number of innocent, not very tech-aware consumers, still faced with a silent radio and nowhere to turn.

And, although Bose has plenty of email addresses, no attempt to provide an explanation, let alone guidance, to their audience of customers. I'm still getting the daily marketing mail-shots though.

I know how these things work, and I understand there is one side of the company that was totally blindsided by this change and is trying to contain the damage created by another side. But from the point of view of a consumer looking in from outside, it's simply not good enough.

I think I'm going to have to get used to talking to that irritating Alexa woman.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

As irritating as it is.  One compromise that it totally unacceptable but better than nothing at all, is linking a Spotify account to the app. 

I'm really not much of a fan of Spoify, I f I was not in the music busiess I'd likely not have an account. 

Never the less, the choise of music via the SoundTouch app is marginally better if one includes whta's availabel VIA Spotify. 

Hey, too bad some developer doesn't come up with a way to link a competitive app to Bose speakers, what an awesome thought. 🙂 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2015

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

I am having the same problems in Thailand!    All my stations are GONE without any notice at all.  TuneIn is weak and not a real professional site in my opinion.   We like simple like it used to be.    I want my money back too and I own 5 or six systems!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2015

TuneIn just does not have the radio stations availabe!    WHY change? 

I am reading all the posting of disgruntled loyal Bose followers and I am sick of Bose's changes.

Music system listeners do not care of podcasts, sports/news crap, WE like the music we want!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Still a lot of streaming problems with main broadcasters in Belgium. Still no RTBF.  Very bad streaming with Nostalgie. Still no HWY.

In Belgium we have a comic television program that received the International Emy Award for its show "What if ..."

I will give them a few suggestions for 2019.

What if ... Bose was a buiding constructor and you bought a new ready-to-live-in-house.

After a few months Bose says: " We will provide you with a new roof!" 

Your answer: " We do not want a new roof! We like it as it is!"

The next day when you come home after work ... your roof is gone!!! You call Bose :" Where is my roof? It is raining! We are getting wet! I want my roof back!"

Bose:" We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Maintime, we have placed a few shelters in your garden. And over time you will get an other roof. Over time you will going to like the new roof.  Meanwhile, thank you for your patience. Warm regards, Bose" 

An other suggestion for the program: What if ... Bose was a car producer and you paid for an 4WD. After a few weeks, you drive into the mountains with your new car and get stuck and discover it's only a 2WD. You call Bose-support: "I'm stuck with my Bose. It does not have 4WD. Help!"

Bose:" Thank you for the message and your patience. You can look at our website for sollutions. But you better call the local dealership. We will pass your message onto our engineers. They are working on a new 2WD differential. Over time you will get to like it!" You: " I want a 4WD or my money back!"

Bose:" Thank you for your patience. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...!" 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Problems with main broadcasters in Czech republic:Cesky rozhlas radiozurnal,Cesky rozhlas vltava,Cesky rozhlas 2 etc. Non of them are playing through TuneIn app in Soundtouch but all of them are playing in TuneIn app. downloaded from Google play.

@Jason_G wrote:

11/28 - Update:

We would like to sincerely apologize for the disruption of your internet radio service.

During the shift, we heard from many customers about three core issues:

• Audio quality on certain channels
  • Delays in radio streams sometimes by many minutes
  • Unavailability or inaccessibility to specific channels

As of November 27th we have released a fix on SoundTouch that should resolve Audio quality and Audio delays (issues 1 and 2 above).

With regard to missing channels, we are taking several approaches. First, we are keeping a list of the channels that you’ve notified us are missing. We are working closely with TuneIn to add those channels to their service where possible – they share our concern and have been working hard to help us remedy the SoundTouch experience. On this issue, we want to keep hearing from you so we can be sure to know what matters most – if you have a specific station request, please post it here in this thread. 

Beyond engaging with TuneIn directly, our team is working to add a method for users to add any radio stream URL to SoundTouch and set it as a preset.

We appreciate your patience during this time and are working to resolve these issues.

11/27 - Update:

In response to customer feedback on stream quality using TuneIn on SoundTouch, we have launched an update to address delays in playback and improve the overall stream quality for thousands of stations. This update should now be live on your SoundTouch devices.

11/20 - Original Post:

Dear SoundTouch Community,

We have shifted to TuneIn as the primary source for our internet radio service on SoundTouch. While some of you may have seen our message in the SoundTouch app around Halloween noting the change was coming soon, we realize that for many this change was abrupt. For this we are sincerely sorry – you deserve a better experience than what we delivered.

While the move was not nearly as seamless as we would have hoped, we are still truly excited to celebrate TuneIn as our core provider of internet radio. TuneIn not only gives you access to over 100,000 stations, but also brings sports, news, talk, and millions of podcasts to the table. We’ve supported TuneIn as an integrated service for over a year now, and we’re confident you’re going to love them as a core part of the SoundTouch experience.

As for some housekeeping, if you are experiencing issues with internet radio service we encourage to you open the SoundTouch App to ensure your app and products are up to date with the latest software. If your product is not up to date, you should get a pop up notification prompting a software update when you launch the app.

Or if your presets are not working after the update, you can search for your station by going to TuneIn on Soundtouch and searching for your station by name to set a new preset.

If you still can't find the station you’re looking for, please leave a comment on this post with the station name and from where you are trying to listen. We will do our best to help. We’re truly sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you all for your continued patience and support,

Bose

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

"What if..." Well said. This is exactly as it feels.

Look at www.vturner.com. It still mentions BOSE. Als look at the other brands.
What if... BOSE offers vturner.com as option to select. In this thread is was mentioned that the charge is less than 50cents (per month I assume). E.g. first 3 years vtuner for free with BOSE purchase. It would work for me...
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Seems Bose is working to get things fixed: quality, delay and missing stations.

in my case, Belgian French Classic 21 was not available anymore.

I hope that besides technical issues also any commercial issues will be fixed too:

https://www.rtbf.be/info/dossier/bon-a-savoir/detail_radios-en-streaming-des-problemes-techniques-in...