Martin Brtek
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

You hope .....,but we want
INTERNET RADIO.
I do not understand why I should contact local support. Bose makes firmware, not local support.
DavidBrooks
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

@peterbr wrote:

>that is indeed THE sollution, but I have the impression that Bose is delaying this feature...We neeed to define URL's as preset

NO! The ability to enter URLs is most emphatically not "THE solution". It is at best an interim placeholder for people with the technical ability to understand how to do it, and people posting on this board is a very small and, I'm willing to assert, very unrepresentative subset of the customer base.

I may be able to find a few URLs. But most people will find it the limits of their ability to pick a station from a list by name or, sometimes, FM frequency. URL entry is not for the majority.

DavidBrooks
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

Joel: since I changed my presets the day after the switchover to use the then-current TuneIn streams, will I get the higher-quality streams automatically? (the app isn't even running right now). Or will I need to re-discover the stations in the app and reconnect the presets?

peterbr
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

it is THE solution for an independent (without any failing intermediate party) listening experience.  If you can browse on the internet, you can also type in an url on a preset, it's nothing more...

clearcomms
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Sorry Peterbr, but to say >>If you can browse on the internet, you can also type in an url on a preset, it's nothing more...<< simply isn’t true. Browsing the Internet doesn’t involve understanding or typing url’s, and I know plenty of internet users who would have trouble doing that.
For Bose to add the facility to SoundTouch would be useful, but it is NOT a good replacement for what vTuner used to offer.
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi DavidBrooks,

Thanks for the question. You should still experience a good quality audio stream while listening to TuneIn stations. If there are any questions about it, let me know. 

Best Regards,
Joel

aHH
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Fmx klassík is missing from tunein in Iceland
http://vefutvarp.visir.is/#/fmx
cruza52
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

would love to add following station to TuneIn http://101.ru/radio/channel/76

yvanpeeters
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Bose, please, give us back the Internet radio capabilities that drove us to buy a Bose soundtouch system!

I currently need use a dumb 60€ internet radio set to listen to RTBF "La Première" not available on TuneIn. My Soundtouch system is back in its box, waiting for Bose to restore its original capabilities.

Martin Brtek
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

BOSE!
Return us the INTERNET RADIO you stole now, but WE BOUGHT IT !!!!