Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

Re: I am trying to find a radio station that is listed in vTuner but I can't find on my Bose app.

Please reinstate "Blues Radio - Athens" 

https://streema.com/radios/Blues_Radio

I's also a pain that you can't log into this forum with mozilla firefox.

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

Re: I am trying to find a radio station that is listed in vTuner but I can't find on my Bose app.

Absolutely!

Bose partnered with TuneIn for $$$$. Makes total sense greedy Bose would switch to any different service that could make them extra $$.  No matter how it degrads the service. Of course, vTune is an aggregator.  TuneIn rebroadcasts and has copyright to deal with. Its all about the money. Noting to do with what the customer wants. 

I thought Bose was in the hardware business. I guess they now want to be in the software and content delivery business. 

Totally sucks they use customers they acquired for their hardware then switch the service like this. A total bate and switch. 

Again, if Bose had wanted to they could have added vTune as an option in the "Add services" option in SoundTouch. Like Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, Sirius XM,  are. But vTune can't offer Bose potential revenue as those others can. So vTune is dumped.   All Bose cares about is $$ so they shove it down our throats offering no quality alternative. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2016

@pwatkins wrote:

Absolutely!

Bose partnered with TuneIn for $$$$. Makes total sense greedy Bose would switch to any different service that could make them extra $$.  No matter how it degrads the service. Of course, vTune is an aggregator.  TuneIn rebroadcasts and has copyright to deal with. Its all about the money. Noting to do with what the customer wants. 

I thought Bose was in the hardware business. I guess they now want to be in the software and content delivery business. 

Totally sucks they use customers they acquired for their hardware then switch the service like this. A total bate and switch. 

Again, if Bose had wanted to they could have added vTune as an option in the "Add services" option in SoundTouch. Like Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, Sirius XM,  are. But vTune can't offer Bose potential revenue as those others can. So vTune is dumped.   All Bose cares about is $$ so they shove it down our throats offering no quality alternative. 

My guess is that TuneIn requires exclusivity hence why Vtuner was removed. That being said, Bose is a large diversified company and the deal with TuneIn is probably going to help them stay relevant in a market that is slipping away from under their feet. I would think the TuneIn is probably a big deal for them

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

My dear Bose !!!

can you please add the possibility to listen to "Joe Christmas" in Belgium (Flanders),

and preferably before Christmas.

I think many stores and offices will try to listen to that station the coming weeks!

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

OK, I understand perhaps Bose needs new revenue chanels, hense its intitive to monitoize the Sound Touch App. That was obvios a few years ago when the app went from a mostly local functioning app. Meaning Bose didn't have real-time data about its user's habits.  To what the updates were for that caused tons of long lasting issues as they worked through bugs resulting from developing the app to monitor our listening habits and activities. Right down to real-time data on what equipment we have plugged in, what volume we listen at, what stations we lsiten to, and even what music we listen to from our own libraries. We have become the product they are now selling. 

Obviously, this had to be in the development roadmap as the capability had to be built into the hardware before the app had the all that functionality. 

But.. and a big but. Bose has a huge customer base. They cooud have negotiated a phased-in deal with TuneIn. Added it to the options, and emailed us to inform us that they will initially allow us to access both.  Work through the bugs, they after say several months remove VTune. While at least trying to give us some sort of justifications, true, lies, whatever, we'd at least think they give a **bleep**. 

But no, you spend a lot of money on their equipment, then they change the game, change the rules without notice, and on top of that don't even have the courtesy to notify its users of an upcoming change. Plus they do a lowsey jib and ship a

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

bugs OK, I understand perhaps Bose needs new revenue channels, hence its initiative to monetize the Sound Touch App. That was obvious a few years ago when the app went from a mostly local functioning app. Meaning Bose didn't have real-time data about its user's habits.  To what the updates were for that caused tons of long-lasting issues as they worked through bugs resulting from developing the app to monitor our listening habits and activities. Right down to real-time data on what equipment we have plugged in, what volume we listen at, what stations we listen to, and even what music we listen to from our own libraries. We have become the product they are now selling. 

Obviously, this had to be in the development roadmap as the capability had to be built into the hardware before the app had the all that functionality. 

But.. and a big but. Bose has a huge customer base. They could have negotiated a phased-in deal with TuneIn. Added it to the options, and emailed us to inform us that they will initially allow us to access both.  Work through the bugs, they after say several months remove VTune. While at least trying to give us some sort of justifications, true, lies, whatever, we'd at least think they give a **bleep**. 

But no, you spend a lot of money on their equipment, then they change the game, change the rules without notice, and on top of that don't even have the courtesy to notify its users of an upcoming change. Plus they do a poor job and ship an app full of bugs and issues. 

Rather than maintaining and building on what could be a solid relationship with its customers. I for one have zero loyalty to Bose, And last weekend advised my dinner guests after the update inconvienince not to buy Bose. 

Really smart moves Bose keeps making. 

I wish a developer would build a competitive app we could install and dump the Sound Touch App altogether, :).  Would serve Bose right. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

@markathome wrote: 

Is Australia the same as New Zealand where if an item is no longer fit for purpose within a reasonable time (so not necessarily 12months) you can claim for a refund. Seems Bose consider tunein fit for purpose but could it be argued it wasn’t purchased for tunein but another feature which has since been removed and therefore not the same as when it was bought?

I am sure it is similar in Australia. In the Bose sales speel they advise: 

"If you are unhappy with your Bose product, or it is not performing as you think it should, you may have rights to return the product under the Bose manufacturer's Warranty:" Well I am REALLY unhappy Smiley Very Happy 

I received a reply from my local Bose Customer Nonservice 

"As mentioned in previous correspondence, we will not be taking any further action in regards to a refund or repair for your system. This is a global policy that we have put in place and is the same for all of our customers.

As also mentioned previously, TuneIn is a 3rd party service offered through the SoundTouch app, therefore any limitations to the service in the app that are available on their website have been put in place by TuneIn and not Bose.

Under the terms of the warranty Bose is responsible to repair/exchange or return the item if there is an unresolvable fault with the product within reasonable time since purchase. The standard policy for any mechanical or internal fault would be a repair after appropriate troubleshooting. The streamlining of internet radio services is a chosen design and not a fault with the product. We completely appreciate your frustrations in not be able to use the system as you have previously but this does not warrant us to take further service action other than the previously advised work around.

As the item was purchased through a third party retailer (JB Hi-Fi) we must adhere to their sales/returns policy. If you have not contacted them regarding this matter it may be beneficial to do so as their policy may be in favour of your request. As we have concluded there is no mechanical or internal fault with the device we are unable to proceed with any after sales/repair action.

A refund can only be obtained through the point of sale when it is an after sales concern and not a fault with the product. Even in the scenario that the product has developed a fault within the first 30 days of purchase, we would still recommend contacting the seller as our policy would normally dictate a repair through our resources. As a repair through ourselves would have a 'no fault found' outcome, this would not be beneficial for either party. In a scenario where the system fails within 30 days, most retailers would be able to offer an exchange or if applicable a refund. However where this is a preferred available service issue we cannot confirm a third parties return policy and would strongly recommend contacting JB Hi-Fi regarding this. "

I like the way that Bose pushed the fault to TuneIn where it was Bose that took away part of the app that would give us better quality and a much much bigger selection. I suppose to only off this to future purchasers is not an issue as they can purchase competitors products. But to restrict services with existing customers I think there is a case for a claim of false advertising or warranty. Bose try to argue that warranty would only apply to the hardware... But my argument is that the app is an operating system where we set up the wifi, adjust volumes, select music sources save presets and much much more so it becomes an intrinsic part of the system. Also notice how  Bose have pushed the problem onto the store that I have purchased it from slluding to the fact it is their responsibility.. Low....Low....Low Bose    

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

@Bodger wrote:

I's also a pain that you can't log into this forum with mozilla firefox.

I get the same issue with Chrome

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Please add 92.3 "The Fan" Cleveland.  This was in my presets with vTuner but now is not available.

https://player.radio.com/listen/station/923-the-fan#.XAhw-OJRdaQ

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Well Goodbye Bose 

After being fobbed off by Bose Customer Service on my warranty/return basis, They pushed me onto the poor retailer that has done nothing wrong (a big tick for my retailer JB HiFi) they are taking back my Bose and I am getting the equivelant Sonos..

Those feeble politicians and administrators at Bose should take a good look at themselves milking this cash cow on brand value... you need more than a name in this business...

Falling so far behind: https://www.sonos.com/en-au/streaming-music

One Happy Sonos user.....have they got a user community Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappyHeart