Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Time for the first joke about this long lasting joke? 

What is the difference between booze and Bose? With Bose the hangover stays !

Or ...

Buy Other Sound Equipment !

Better Off Somewehere Else !

Buy Our **bleep**ty Equipment !

Bad Or Sad Experience ?

It can not be that difficult to take the listed radiostations of Vtuner and compare them with the list of TuneIn.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

KROQ 106.7 Los Angeles radio station is no longer available.. this station swithced from TuneIn to Radio.com a few months back however I was able to listen to it thru SoundTouch as a streaming internet station.  Until your recent change that is..  would be great if we could get that station back!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Sonos Community Post: https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/11-28-Update-TuneIn-internet-Radio-Information/m-p...

From what I learnt about this post is that it appears  

1. Since about 7 months ago,TuneIn are not adding any more radio stations  https://www.autopo.st/tunein-at-this-time-we-are-not-adding-new-stations-to-our-directory/ cannot see any updates of resolutions

2. Sonos has the ability to search and play by adding URL as well as providing many alternative services

3. Sonos are not making any financial gains by promoting services

4. That it is the services (TuneIn, vTuner etc) who request to be added to Sonos

I wonder if this has anything to do with TuneIn being sued in the UK by Sony and Warner in November 2017 ... One wonders https://torrentfreak.com/sony-warner-sue-tunein-for-copyright-infringement-in-uk-high-court-171109/

Give us back our alternatives BOSE... are TuneIn the only organisation willing to work with Bose!!!!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Tamil FM Radio feature request

Hi
I downloaded app "Tamil FM Radio" which has got all Tamil FM (more than 100 fms including Hindi). When I try to add in soundtouch TuneIn I don't find these. Can you please add this feature which is really helpful for Indian radio listeners.
Thank you .
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

This change is quite unacceptable. None of my favourite stations are supported by Tunein. It sees like Bose sold me a device under false pretences. I believe we should use this forum to gain support for a total recall of all Soundtouch products.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2018

I totally agree with this last message.

Three weeks after the changed down to TuneIn, we have got only from Bose, some light promisses to add some more Stations on TuneIn.

>> But, as of today, I would be curious to know how many Stations have been added ... Maybe none ... 

>> And, the use of a Internet radio I have is to listen to "Classic Stations" and sometimes, to have the right of the pleasure of some very far or rare stations. So, adding today some Stations is not the solution, it's just the way for BOSE to gain time ... for what ???

So, the attitude of BOSE is totally UNacceptable. I write usally on the French BOSE Forum, and the exasperation is as high than on this one.

I think that we are in very bad way, and the chance to get finally a solution for using the URL's to preselect Stations is very low. I am certain that the deal between BOSE and TuneIn should exclude the possibility for BOSE users to escape from the TuneIn door ...

Purchasing a BOSE SoundTouch was really a bad decision, and now I see I have paid a very expensive unit and I have the feeling to have been fooled ...

Very bad.

DominqueB

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

I have solved my situation... spoke to Bose and they refused to accept that the advertised functionality was removed and they told me I had to go through my retailer... I also wrote to my consumer protection agency (Australia) and now at the end of the day...the retailer who sold me the equipment is exchanging this for me tomorrow... for SONOS. I feel  sorry for the retailer because they have done nothing wrong and I dont know how they are going to get this returned to Bose.... I checked my receipts and found that I purchased this Soundtouch 300 System in August. I think we should all speak to bose in our countries and push them and the retailers to refund exchange... and push our claims through consumer protection agencies

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Hi

Which state in Australia are you from? I'm in QLD and I have approached the fair trading agency here seeking help in this regard. I've referred both Bose customer support and the retailer Harvey Norman for not obliging to the Australian Consumer Guarantees as my SoundTouch is not fit for purpose without the support to listen to my station. I'm awaiting response from their end. I am hoping for some resolution in this regard when Bose and the retailer have failed to support my problems with their device.

If you approached a different consumer rights agency, could you please advice whom I should be approaching?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

I am in Western Austalia and I purchased it from JB HiFi and they offered me exchange before the Consumer Affairs people even had to contact them... and I dont keep packaging and they are accepting without...really so helpful... My name is Leo van Dalsen... send me pm of Facebook if you want and I will send you copies of letters to/from Bose and consumer protections over here... shame you cant sed on here..

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

JB-HiFi has earned a good respect for valuing their customer unlike HN who refused flat out that it is not their problem if the device doesn't work anymore and asking to deal with the manufacturer. Two similar businesses - one empathising with the customer and the other laughing at the customer for spending 800 dollars for a brick. Really, makes me think I should never ever step into HN in my life. 

I have sent you a private message with my email address. I'm not on social media, so it will be really helpful if you can email me the details. Thank you 🙂