Silent Starter

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Include please yesterday once more radio internet station

Silent Starter

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Please bring 93XRT Chicago back!!
Audible Advocate

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Hi all, I have also lost my favourite stations.

The only reason i have bought 2 more Bose soundtouch devices was the ability to listen my favourite radio.

I really hope to get the previous Internet radio service back.

Friendly Fanatic

I agree with the last few posts. 

Good to hear it sounds like there is some redress for persons who made a recemt purchase to get their money back.

In my case that's not an option as all my equipmenst is over two years old.  

If the internet radio issue isn't bad enough the update won't play my iTunes library! It shows up as an option. I can navigate to an artist and a song, But they will not play. I get this stupid error message.

HMM...

"we can't play that right now. Please try again later.  (3101).

What a joke. It's not like a radio station that's of line. It's my music,  that hasn't gone anyway, my computer is connected to the WIFI, plus the library shows up.  It's the **bleep** app that won't play my iTunes library. Which is a big reason I bought the **bleep** speakers. Two ST 30s, one ST20, and one cimamate. 

What Bose has done to its customers is a crime.

Animated Arbiter

Pwatkins says

>>If the internet radio issue isn't bad enough the update won't play my iTunes library! It shows up as an option. I can navigate to an artist and a song, But they will not play. I get this stupid error message.<<

I had that happen to me last year. A workaround is actually quite quick.

go to Settings - Music Services - Music Library on Computer and select Add Music Library.

Navigate to your music, and call it something other than My Music.

In my case this gave me a new source on the SoundTouch app menu, and it has been working perfectly ever since. The original My Music source still gives me the same error, even though it is all the same music, and in the same place on my PC.

I hope this helps you solve your problem

Bose software is terrible and, I’m pretty sure, bug-ridden. It is certainly badly designed.

If they built hardware like they design and use software, they’d have been out of business years ago.

The worst bit being their senior management’s failure to learn from experience (or listen to their customers, or even really consider their customers!)

Quiet Contributor

Cannot receive with TuneIn in the NYC area:

1010 WINS (AM)

WCBS 880 (AM)

WMTR (AM) 1250

All received fine with Internet Radio.  Therefore TuneIn is useless to me.

Friendly Fanatic

Thanks,

I got iTunes working again.

Bose has its head up its ass. You'd think they could send us an email notification letting us know this was coming, list potential issues and solutions in advance, Totally slack and terrible customer relations on their part. 

After sitting on hold for almost 30 minutes I tried as suggested deleting and adding back iTunes and it worked. 

I wouldn't have expected that since the app found iTines initially and allowed me to navigate to various artist or albums etc. 

Anyway got it working while on hold.  I guess Bose is swamped with all the issue they created. 

Sad…I used to be a totally loyal Bose fan. Today, if I could trade in my Bose equipment for Sonos, I’m so pissed about this lousy app and customer service,   I’d do it without hesitation. 

Friendly Fanatic

And here is a response direct from TuneIn regarding adding of stations!!!!!!!! Are Bose telling us the truth even. It seems like we are all wasting our time

"Hello Leo,
Thanks for your response. I've tried searching again and was unable to find this specific station. It looks like it is not available on our directory. Unfortunately, we are no longer adding new stations to our directory at this time. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Sincerely,
Rica"

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Since this thread is getting very long, and looking through it there seems to be very little response from Bose and no word of a solution yet, I wonder if its worth starting a new thread called "How to add Internet Radio to Bose Soundtouch devices"?

I've got out my old SqueezeBox and it's working a treat, DLNA and Internet radio works without issue, plus all the additional features such as alarm clock.

Or maybe a thread titled "Bose alternatives that have Internet radio"....

Quiet Contributor

hai 

i have some little bit doubt

i am plant to purchase bose sound bar and module 500 are 700

whitch one is the perfect 

please suggested me 

my room size is 10*15 feet

whitch one is the perfect model and price and durable 

i am recently  visit bose store in bangalore one of the excutive tell me bose sound bar 500 and module is the sterio pleace go to sound bar  700 and module is best model and sound lever is greate

is this correct news

please support

regards

vivek g