marek s
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 9, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

My wife is killng me, becouse there is no more her favorite radio on the poor TUNEin service (Rock Radio Poznan) ... Sorry Bose not nice of you. Any plans to change situation?
Hawks4ever
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Radio stations now missing on Bose Wave Soundtouch IV since latest firmware update.

KOOL - 94.5 out of Phoenix, AZ

97X - 96.9 WXLP out of Davenport, IA

pwatkins
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

Good work finding that out. Not surprised.

Of course, Bose is lying.

Bose is making money from TuneIn, more than vTune. Simple. No regard for customers what so ever!

Could easily add vTune back as a service that can be accessed just like Spotify, Sirus XM etc. But if they did that no one would listen to TuneIn because it sucks.   

So they just allow us to vent an give us lip service, empty words expecting we will eventually just accept the new normal. 

Well, I for one would love a way to hack my Bose speakers so I can install my own app. Maybe some enterprising developer might build one? 

Then it would be bye bye SoundTouch.

cruza52
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

I have now switched to Sonos and am playing around with it... They have about 30 or 40 different services available and all my stations are available in these different services(compared to Bose 4). There is no remote control...it is all app control. They do not have vTuner but allow to add stations URL which is what Bose is suggesting that will be doing..and I will put this to you

Adding the station is not just inserting the station website URL unfortunately. It is necessary to try to find out the stations streaming URL and the stream has to be MP3, AAC or WMA (some stations stream FLAC unfortunately). There are ways of finding this streaming URL by searching the broadcast data or using software like URLSnooper which is quite complex... So another way is to email  stations and asking them... IF they reply I presume this is the easiest way and cant see them objecting to this.. 

So.... My thoughts would still be to bring back vTuner however if as Bose have told us they will add the ability to add stations through URL , That they are able to educate us all into how to obtain the station's streaming URL in a format that will work!!!!

v.poroykov@mail.ru
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

radio station "Эхо Москвы" (Echo of Moscow)

Highlighted
MarkM
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

Thank you for that very sincere apology. Now, if it's not too much trouble for Bose, could you please add Gavdos FM 88.8 [http://radio.garden/live/gavdos-island/gavdos-fm-88-8/] to the TuneIn line-up? I'd like to listen to my favorite station until my new Sonos speakers arrive. Thanks.
aHH
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

I requested FMX Klassík last week, radio station in Iceland. It´s still not available in TuneIn, when will you expect it to be available?

http://vefutvarp.visir.is/#/fmx

Regards,

aHH

kev269
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Hi,

Please can you add the following radio station 'Lav Radio' to TuneIn. It has disappeared since you updated to TuneIn.

Lav Radio

http://163.172.7.220:8000/stream/1/

https://tunein.com/radio/Lav-Radio-s181311/

Thank you,

Re: Tamil FM Radio feature request

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the report!  I've moved your post to the station request thread.

Do you have any specifics?  I'm unable to find a list of stations.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Please add Radio Margaritaville for location of North America United States North Carolina. We received it via internet prior to switch to TuneIn. 

Better yet, bring back the previous Internet Radio service. It was better.