JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Brandon or someone in Community Support 

PLEASE HELP!

Can someone in Bose Community Support give us an update on what is happening with all of our requests and if there is a possibility of Bose giving us the previous internet radio service back? 

We see a lot of requests but very few responses addressing our issues. I don’t think this is too much to ask considering the investment we have all made in Bose products. Thanks 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Could someone from Bose provide an update on adding stations to TuneIn?  Also can you tell us if Bose is considering bringing back the previous v tuner?  Thanks

cruza52
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

@JohnCarr wrote:

Could someone from Bose provide an update on adding stations to TuneIn?  Also can you tell us if Bose is considering bringing back the previous v tuner?  Thanks

Yes... TuneIn have told me by email they are not adding any more stations to their directory... Does Bose have any special arrangements with TuneIn? I don't think so

Can anyone in the community who has requested a station to be added, confirm that their stations has indeed been added? I dont think so

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I don't think Bose is going to do any thing about this. They are only going to say developement is working on it and they can comment any more that that. They changed to tunein to save licensing fees. That don't care about supporting the customer who has the product.

I like Bose hardware but I have learned over the years that if it didn't have it when you bought it your not getting it. But now they are taking away features. 

I doubt that we will ever get back good internet radio. 

markathome
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

@cruza52 wrote:

Can anyone in the community who has requested a station to be added, confirm that their stations has indeed been added? I dont think so

I’m aware Newstalk ZB has been added - Auckland broadcast only.   No other lost NZ stations on a random check. 

Highlighted
sionglim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

I am Lim from Malaysia.

Please help to add in station as below:

1) www.my.com.my
2) http://listen.melody.com.my

Thank you.

Lim
SimonHP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

I too have found Newstalk ZB in Auckland added, from memory I think there was one other from the list of about 8 that I asked for.

The lack of information from Bose about what they might do and when they might do it is another large part of the problem.

One of the BIG issues with 'tunein' is that they lack the large mainstream stations (who have lots of listeners because they are good), and try to make up for it by having an enormous number of 'fringe/community/student' radio feeds that virtually no-one wants to listen to.

If tunein want to cap the number of stations that they provide feeds from, then why not cut out all the stations with virtually no subscribers listening to them. They should have metrics (unless they use multicast UDP).

So to recap, Bose is a problem, tunein is a problem, the two have combined to create a disaster.

Regards

Simon

Rep5302
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

after the switch to TuneIn I cannot play WXRT 93.1 Chicago.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE-PLEASE BRING IT BACK ASAP!!!

SimonHP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Hi Bose,

It is now about 2 weeks since we last heard anything from you on this thread. We understand that moderators may be contrained by Bose management as to what you are able to publish. If that is the case, we want to hear from someone in a management position about what Bose intends to do about the issues that are raised and repeated on this forum.

• We want to know if anyone in Bose has any interest in customer satisfaction - Bose has so far demonstrated that they do not give a rats a*se about what customers think. If this is not the case, it is now down to Bose to demonstrate that they do.
  • We want to know what actions are currently being worked on:
    • this includes work that you might be doing inside Bose for your software
    • and it also includes actions that you are agreeing with providers
    • and we would like to have an approximate timeframe for delivery
  • We also want to know what you will not be doing:
    • including changes that will not be made to the platform
    • and a list of the stations that we will not get restored to the SoundTouch platform

I think I can speak for the others on this forum, we do not think this asking for too much.

Regards

Simon

Suresh 2505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

FM channels request

Dear Tony, Joel
I rec'd reply mail to list down the Tamil FM channels to add: here below the link to know the channels in the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tamilfm.tamilradiomusic&hl=en_US
If you need more details let me know
Some more famous channels list below
Suriyan FM Chennai
Suriyan FM. Coimbatore
Big FM Chennai
Hello FM
Radio Mirchi Chennai
Radio Mirchi coimbatore
Vividh bharati
Air Tamil
AR Rahman HD
AR Rahman lite