01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Friendly Fanatic

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hello Joel,

Thank you for the update.  Still waiting for www.wiccaradio.net to be added I am in Canada, and have been checking every day to see if this has been added yet.

Is there a list of requests and completed additions that we might be able to access to see the status of our many requests?

I too reached out directly to Tunein for assistance in adding stations, and was told point blank that they will not add any more stations.

Not very good customer service at all.

Animated Arbiter

I am in the UK and the following radio stations show up in tunein and do not work: 

Rose FM90 Mirpur

hotfm 105 quetta, hotfm 99 dadu, hotfm 97 chitral, hotfm larkana (hotfm 105 hyderabad & karachi only working)

Please get these working.

I also requested several other stations that were in vtuner to be added 2 weeks ago and I have had no reply.

Please provide an update on these.

Thanks

Silent Starter

hello, I'd like to report the loss of my favorite station when switched to TuneIn: Mix 107.3 (Washington DC). The live broadcast URL should be player.listenlive.co/26501.

hope you can add it back or make available the feature you mentioned, where I can add this URL myself.

thanks for your time

Audible Advocate

That is the problem.  Bose has taken away our ability to add stations by URL....  

Animated Arbiter

In UK:

Mast FM 103 Lahore does not work error 3103

Url is:

http://110.36.229.158:8000/http://www.mast103.com

which works in desktop browser  & phone but not in TuneIn

Please fix this urgently.

Why are there so many broken stations in TuneIn?

Friendly Fanatic

It looks like someone at Bose is deleting my posts with the explanation so hopfully enough people can see this before it gets deleted....

TuneIn will not be able to add most of the stations because they are restricted by copyright licensing which prohibit them from listing radio stations who do not have license to broadcast/stream music outside of their geographical area. 

The issue is related to the fact that TuneIn is not just an agregator of radio stations but rather is considered as a re-broadcaster. The reason for this is they are manipulating the stream by changing the quality and inserting their own ads. Unlike the previous service - Vtuner - which simply provided the directory service. 

My guess is that while Bose had to pay VTuner for the service, with TuneIn Bose is getting some kickback of advertising dollars.

I would not hold my breath with anticipation for adding the lost stations unless Bose revert back to VTuner..... 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

@bluemanta wrote:

It looks like someone at Bose is deleting my posts with the explanation so hopfully enough people can see this before it gets deleted....

TuneIn will not be able to add most of the stations because they are restricted by copyright licensing which prohibit them from listing radio stations who do not have license to broadcast/stream music outside of their geographical area. 

The issue is related to the fact that TuneIn is not just an agregator of radio stations but rather is considered as a re-broadcaster. The reason for this is they are manipulating the stream by changing the quality and inserting their own ads. Unlike the previous service - Vtuner - which simply provided the directory service. 

My guess is that while Bose had to pay VTuner for the service, with TuneIn Bose is getting some kickback of advertising dollars.

I would not hold my breath with anticipation for adding the lost stations unless Bose revert back to VTuner..... 

Looking at some of the new Bose products they no longer provide the ability to even listen to your own music library, so I'm assuming Bose will just become a hardware suppler for Streaming Services such as Tunein, Spotify, Pandora none of which work overly well or are available in some countries.

Pity did have some good products, and at least my passive outdoor speakers stil work ,even if I do have to replace my SA-5 first.

Audible Advocate

Re: Tamil FM Radio feature request

Dear Brandon
I sent you the list and link too.. but till now no response. Do u want me to send it again
Audible Advocate

Dear Joe

THX for your support but pls do your best so rest of Czech stations ( Radiožurnál, Plus, Dvojka and regional stations) are available asap.

Polar

Audible Advocate

Re: Tamil FM Radio feature request

Dear Brandon
I rec'd reply mail to list down the Tamil FM channels to add: here below the link to know the channels in the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tamilfm.tamilradiomusic&hl=en_US
If you need more details let me know
Some more famous channels list below
Suriyan FM Chennai
Suriyan FM. Coimbatore
Big FM Chennai
Hello FM
Radio Mirchi Chennai
Radio Mirchi coimbatore
Vividh bharati
Air Tamil
AR Rahman HD
AR Rahman lite