Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hello Suresh and Polar,

Thank you both for posting.

I can assure you that your requests have been passed along to development. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

SoundTouch User
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2015

That sounds spot-on to me.  Smiley Sad

Falke1987
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Re: FM channels request

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for posting.

We have passed this information along to development as per your request.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Thanks. Can someone from Bose respond if Bose has a special arrangement with Tune In to add stations requested?  Thanks

musicl1913
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

MA radio station

@Jason_G wrote:

11/28 - Update:

We would like to sincerely apologize for the disruption of your internet radio service.

During the shift, we heard from many customers about three core issues:

• Audio quality on certain channels
  • Delays in radio streams sometimes by many minutes
  • Unavailability or inaccessibility to specific channels

As of November 27th we have released a fix on SoundTouch that should resolve Audio quality and Audio delays (issues 1 and 2 above).

With regard to missing channels, we are taking several approaches. First, we are keeping a list of the channels that you’ve notified us are missing. We are working closely with TuneIn to add those channels to their service where possible – they share our concern and have been working hard to help us remedy the SoundTouch experience. On this issue, we want to keep hearing from you so we can be sure to know what matters most – if you have a specific station request, please post it here in this thread. 

Beyond engaging with TuneIn directly, our team is working to add a method for users to add any radio stream URL to SoundTouch and set it as a preset.

We appreciate your patience during this time and are working to resolve these issues.

11/27 - Update:

In response to customer feedback on stream quality using TuneIn on SoundTouch, we have launched an update to address delays in playback and improve the overall stream quality for thousands of stations. This update should now be live on your SoundTouch devices.

11/20 - Original Post:

Dear SoundTouch Community,

We have shifted to TuneIn as the primary source for our internet radio service on SoundTouch. While some of you may have seen our message in the SoundTouch app around Halloween noting the change was coming soon, we realize that for many this change was abrupt. For this we are sincerely sorry – you deserve a better experience than what we delivered.

While the move was not nearly as seamless as we would have hoped, we are still truly excited to celebrate TuneIn as our core provider of internet radio. TuneIn not only gives you access to over 100,000 stations, but also brings sports, news, talk, and millions of podcasts to the table. We’ve supported TuneIn as an integrated service for over a year now, and we’re confident you’re going to love them as a core part of the SoundTouch experience.

As for some housekeeping, if you are experiencing issues with internet radio service we encourage to you open the SoundTouch App to ensure your app and products are up to date with the latest software. If your product is not up to date, you should get a pop up notification prompting a software update when you launch the app.

Or if your presets are not working after the update, you can search for your station by going to TuneIn on Soundtouch and searching for your station by name to set a new preset.

If you still can't find the station you’re looking for, please leave a comment on this post with the station name and from where you are trying to listen. We will do our best to help. We’re truly sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you all for your continued patience and support,

Bose

WAAF 107.3

I am in MA and used to listen to it before on internet radio.

madhavanatrja
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Finally, I have returned my brick - Bose SoundTouch 30 back to my retailer and obtained a refund. Good bye Bose. My first Bose purchase and the last in my life. Any other affected Australian customers - if your device is not too old, then obtain contact your retailer and get a refund. So far, me and another fellow member here have returned our speakers and obtained a replacement / refund. Thanks to @cruza52, your post gave me more hope to fight my retailer and Bose. 

Highlighted
Kashgar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 1, 2017

Hello Joel_D,

Thanks again for your communication efforts... It is not easy to be a moderator  ...  Now, after about 4 weeks, Bose can provide a clearer calendar ....

Working in computer science, I can understand that you need

• A period of analysis (eg 2 weeks)
  • A period of development (eg 2 weeks)
  • A period of tests and correction (ex: 2 to 4 weeks)
  • A deployment period ...

I can understand that with holidays, this schedule would also be turned upside down ...

I can also understand that you work in a releases containing several changes and fixes... And that these releases are scheduled at regular periods (e.g. every 2 months)

I can understand that till the first analysis was not done, it was difficult to commit / announce a release date ...

But after 4 weeks of crises, Bose should now provide a clear idea of ​​their priorities and the expected timing of resolution or deployment of some changes ...

At this stage, I understand that ...

(1) Discussions are ongoing with Tunein to

• Add some / all channels that are not listed in their service catalog (What about others that Tunein does not want, or never will have)
  • Bypass regional constraints (China, Antipode Radio England, etc.)
  • Always guarantee the best quality of flow depending on the bandwidth
  • Guarantee that bose users should not register / pay for this service in order to get high-definition radios
  • Avoid advertising at startup 

Bose is working to

• add a new feature - allowing the user to add custom URLs that can be associated with some preset keys.
  • Will this solution permanently make these connected speakers, stand alone speakers?

Bose also seems to have decided that .

• We will not roll back to VTuner
  • Tunein will be and will remain the only service available to users to listen to internet radio. Bose does not plan to add a new service that compensates for Tunein's inconvenience.
  • Bose maintains either the sale, the production than the support of the soundtouch set of speakers. But, Bose is not committed for a period of time and despite the fact that Bose comes out with a new range of connected speaker (But reacting to the voice) not compatible with the soundtouch range
  • Bose maintains its policy of forced updates without any user's consent (Push without any user ability to reject an update).
  • Its product is always functional and has not been downgraded. (The streamlining of the internet radio services is a chosen design and not a fault with the product)
  • Bose is planning to add the airplay functionalities to the soundtouch set

In addition, several other points are not clear ... What will Bose do with regards to :

• Requests to add a feature of "Clock Radio", "alarm", "sleeping mode" ....
  • Opportunity to select the quality of the flows according to its bandwidth (See also with the point on Tunein)

Give a provisional calendar, explained why it should take time .... Without this calendar, many of us remain frustrated ....

Joel ---  Main of my comments are based on the analysis of information find in the blog ... But Nothing or few has been confirmed by Bose ...  Thanks

Falke1987
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

I am a littlebit confused. Whats would be done and which steps will be not implemented.
to add custom URLs would this developed now by bose?
And how is the time schedule behind of it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi JohnCarr,

Thank you for the question.

Yes, we are currently working TuneIn directly with all of the station requests.

For the ones that will not have the ability to be added to TuneIn, there will be the additional feature of custom URL streaming coming.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support