Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hi @musicl1913,

Thank you for letting me know about your station.

Since your region supports iHeart Radio, you can create a free account and add that as a music source to your SoundTouch account and WAAF is available as a station.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Kashgar,

Thank you very much for posting and breaking everything down.

As for the features you mentioned that users have asked for such as Clock Radio, Alarms and Sleeping mode, I cannot speak to these directly since they were passed to development as feature requests.

There has not been any communication if these will be implemented. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @Falke1987,

Thank you for the questions.

Development is currently working on the ability to add custom URL's so you can stream your favorite station that may not be available in TuneIn. You will also be able to save these as presets as well.

We will be sure to share more information with the community once we have it.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2018

Hi Joel_D,

This is a last cry for help. I have been using Soundtouch 10 and 20 since they became available. I live in Luxembourg, a tiny country in the heart of Europe and I used to listen to radio from the surrounding countries and worldwide. I have always had issues when the app was updated, but nothing compared to this. For the last 3 weeks my Soundtouch 20 has been useless. Customer support in Luxembourg asked me to send in my machine for repair at a cost. I then noticed the switch to TuneIn. All RTBF Belgian programs are no longer accessible, nor are the public French radios, such as France Inter or France Culture. The Soundtouch 20 keeps throwing error messages at me when trying to play preset radio (4501, 1005). 

Seriously, you cannot expect your customers to stay loyal if you serve up such lack of quality. What am I to do? I seem to have a previously perfectly good product that since the last update has become junk.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Hi Joel,

Here in New Zealand there is also iHeart Radio - part of the same iHeart Radio platform that is in USA. However Bose removed the iHeart Radio app from my SoundTouch just after I bought it. If there is an iHeart Radio App, why cannot we use it in New Zealand. Quite a number of the stations that we were deprived of by the removal of vTuner are on iHeart. I did ask earlier but never got a response. Can I have a response this time please.

Regards

Simon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

Missing internet radio station: Diana Oldies Belgium , this was present and is in Vtuner!

With the last update work the Belgium radio's synchronized for my! The WiFi stability on the Soundtouch 20 & 30 are match better then before and the app finds now the speakers in a second! Thanks for this better performance!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2018

Hi @Joel_D

How long can we expect to wait until our stattion request is added to TuneIn?

Could you please let us know if we'll be notified if our station request can't be added?

Thanks,

Eric

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Still waiting for all 9 BDJ radio streams, shame on you, bose...

https://bdjradio.com/media/files/BDJ-Radios01.m3u

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

12/14 Update:

We would like to follow up on the progress the team has been making regarding missing stations.

As you may be aware, we are actively collecting station requests and working with TuneIn to resolve them.  These requests cannot be guaranteed, but TuneIn has been able to restore some channels based on your feedback.

Further, we are working hard to provide a direct way to input a stream URL into the SoundTouch app, so you can enjoy your favorite stations and set them as presets.  We are planning to release this as quickly as possible, with a tentative plan to launch this feature in January 2019.

Yet again, we appreciate your patience and dedication to Bose.

Update announcements can be found HERE.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Why can I see my local station in the tunein app and play it but can not play via the bose app or ave as a preset?