electron99
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 28, 2016

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Kate,

Agreed absolutely - this renders the entire Bose Soundtouch useless for me in Adelaide.

Stephane Ricour
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Last feedback from moderators/bose December, 14th ... more than one month that my soubdtouch is useless. I was a Bose fan ... some times ago.

Stéphane-, Belgium

Highlighted
Georges D
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Re: 12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hi,

We just installed a new Soundtouch 20 and couldn't find following Belgian radio stations on TuneIn:

- La Première (URL: http://www.rtbfradioplayer.be/radio/liveradio/lapremiere)

- Classique 3 (URL: http://www.rtbfradioplayer.be/radio/liveradio/musiq3)

Could you please have them added to TuneIn in attendance of direct input feature?

Thanks, Georges

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Might as well return it while you can. Bose says the are adding the url feature but only said 2019. They say a lot but never follow through.

Manu2707
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Hi, my favourite National Italian radio has gone after updating my soundtouch. Very disappointed as this seems to have gone on for over a month and Bose haven’t yet found a solution.
Can you please get Tunelm to add RDS-Radio Dimensione Suono, Italy.
https://www.rds.it/
spazzolo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

I actually registered for this site a couple of weeks ago.

I tried to sign in and wouldn't accept my password. Did the lost password thing which sends to my correct email.

Never get the email . Typical Bose now it seems.

Anyway after realising all my FM stations are gone, seeing how useless TuneIn is and not wanting to pay a premium subscription to Spotify etc.

I decided at least I would use iTunes.

But there is more horror ! All my old playlists there are there on iTunes will not display on the SoundTouch (I should rename it DontTouch).

Now I have to recreate them all.

Bose have obvisouly done the cash-grab here . They weren't satisifed with their loyal users and customers already paying a premium for their hardware.

Not impressed Mr. Bose.

Frank.

Boseman44
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

I'm home from ten weeks away

What have you done to my Soundtouch software?

I cannot access ABC Radio Stations in Australia for my classic music.

The access on TUNEIN is absolute rubbish.

Please fix this.

Boseman44

noraetkarim
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

All the channels of public belgian radio stations RTBF are off. Please fix it.
Exnigel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hi

I am an English speaker and i have a Bose sound touch speaker in my house in France. Until this week it worked perfectly and I could listen to any internet radio station. Then it disconnected and I had to update the app to get it working again. Low and behold on the tune in app I am restricted in the English stations that I am allowed to listen to. No absolute radio, no smooth radio no jazz fm.

why oh why does Bose feel it necessary to remove product capability: by all means add tune in but why take way internet radio? I can only presume that there is a kick back from tune in to increase its published listener numbers.

these pieces of kit are very expensive and Bose should have done more work on the impact of such a radical change. Asking us to bear with you is all fine, but we are paying customers and deserve better.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

>Bose stated, "We’re confident you’re going to love (TuneIn) as a core part of the SoundTouch experience" yet there are close to 15,000 posts and have not noticed one person happy with this change.

In fairness, I for one remain satisfied with the change to TuneIn Radio. Fortunately my station choices remain available, stable and they sound fine. I have been using TuneIn as a stand alone live radio app for years.

The bulk of the hundreds of complaints remain around station availablility. The promise of custom URLs will be a great improvement to the radio service overall.

Areas for improvement for Sound Touch and Smart Home (Bose Music) app:
Bit rate display
Custom URL
More services