Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Re: 12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Happy new year. Now that the parties are over, can we have the feature of inserting a URL to choose our preset stations ? (not as a present but as a feature that should have always been there ) . And of course a choice to return to Vtuner or to stay with TuneIn, tx 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@AudioCriticEric wrote:

>You stated...

>"we are still truly excited to celebrate TuneIn as our core provider of internet radio. " - Bose                 

>"we’re confident you’re going to love them as a core part of the SoundTouch experience." -Bose             WHY?  Fewer stations, lower quality, delays, more ads.   What's better?

We are also waiting for any kind of official apologies from Bose... 

This is what is making me angry at the highest level. Yes, Bose has - as anybody else - the right to be wrong but as everybody else, you have to admit it.Until now, Bose never told us"Yes, that is true, we did a bad move, sorry about that."

In term of brand image, this is a terrible attitude.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2018

They could also listen to their customers and add vTuner back.  Why not have both?  Simple solution but I'm sure that TuneIn paid Bose for exclusivity and for the user accounts.  I don't have a problem with Bose making money, but don't do it at the expense of your customers, not a smart long-term business decision. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2018

The business link BOSE with Tune-In seems to be evident ... 

Considering the exclusivity of the TUNE-In pathway I doubt really about the promise made by BOSE to add the URL inscription possible by users ...

Anyway, it's the last hope for the unfortunate users of SoudTouch equipment.

I have personnally written to BOSE in France for a refund of my SoudnTouch (less than one year). As of today, ... no answer !

DominiqueB

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

I would like to know why the app, both on my phone, and on my PC no longer shows artist and track information.  Why did you take that capability away when you forced me to download your tunein app?  This is truely unacceptable that you forced me to download an update with decreased functionality. 

Please fix this soon.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

@pwatkinsInteresting point raised here:

Yes it is possible to develop a new app, but it would involve developing (or at least highly modifying) the actual firmware inside the SoundTouch aswell. I imagine it is a moderately powerful ARM processor running some embed version of Linux, so probably not too dificult to do if this is your thing. I am an electronics engineer, but Linux is not my specialty. I have wondered about this on and off since I first bought the unit as it always seemed a bit "crippled" to me - not really performing to its full potential. I would like to see more than 6 presets (and not shared between radio and music tracks) and a clock that doesn't gain 2+ minutes a day when the mains is off and supports automatic DST which it should considering its got an internet connection. And that useless rear USB port should support having a memory stick full of MP3s plugged in. Windows sound should play without having to mess about with bluetooth (audio over IP was around in 2008). That front display could scroll news / weather / stock tickers / etc. when in standby. Maybe add these features as a way of saying sorry for the current mess?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for the continued posts and suggestions.

We can assure you all this feedback is being heard. 

We're currently still collecting station requests and working with TuneIn to resolve them. Those requests cannot be guaranteed to be implemented, but TuneIn has been able to restore some channels based on your feedback. 

Development is currently working hard to give you the ability to input a custom URL stream into the SoundTouch app so you're able to enjoy your favorite stations and set them as presets. We are planning to release this as quickly as possible, with a tentative plan to launch this feature in January 2019.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hi Joel
Thanks at least for confirmation that Bose is aware if hiw many disatisfied customers there are.
I don’t understand why you don’t just offer a choice of apps: the early november one that worked perfectly with internet radio, and your latest ine with tune in. They bith work, so no development needed, and you will have happy customers.
How is that difficult? What are you not telling us?
Exnigel
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

Saying in the same post, in the space of a few sentences “feedback is being heard” and then “we cannot guarantee all requests will be implemented” is what’s maddening about how you treat your customers. So disrespectful and frankly, after more than 6 years of broken promises, this Tunein way or the highway is like adding insult to injury. Actions speak louder than words saying you are listening
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016