Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Re: 12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Since Bose removed Vtuner from their system, Soundtouch speakers are now useless.  They cannot play all the internet stations that you like because Tunein will not add them because of various issues like Geoblocked countries etc.  Bose has promised to get those stations added in January.  I would recommend to wait for two weeks and if these problem is not fixed by them return your system because it is waste of money ( for high price tag for garbage speakers)

Bose don't tell the customers when we buy their products about this problem. They used to be great speakers once upon a time not anymore.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Two more stations / streams that TuneIn won't play:

WCRB - Bach

https://streams.audio.wgbh.org:8208/Bach-8108

WCRB - Boston Early Music

https://streams.audio.wgbh.org:8113/BostonEarlyMusic-8112

On the web these can be accessed at

www.classicalwcrb.org/ways-listen

and then at the top of the page, clicking on the down arrow.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Greetings all!

Sorry I am late to the party here, I was out of the country and came back to find my stations gone. Took a while to find this thread and like others I have to express my extreme dissapointment with this change. You are wasting programming resouces and losing goodwill when you could just go back to the way things were and make us all happy again.

Guessing that wont happen

Please add

https://kearth101.radio.com/

https://1059sunnyfm.radio.com/

Please also add more channels from Belgium, we vacation there and enjoy the radio stations. We are in Florida

Side note: I never received a popup about the change until today. I rarely use my computer to access Sound Touch. The message did not appear on my mobile app??

Cheers

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

I have been disconnected from my Bose soundtouch system since November 2018 (no fault of Bose)

Now that I am reconnected & have met the new system, I can not find my preferred radio station to preset it.

The station I can not find on the new program system is

ABC RN (or was known as Radio National)

This is the australian public broadcaster. If it isn't on the list, then the list is pretty useless.

When it is added (?) it would be good if I could listen in my correct time zone, which is not Sydney but Perth.

Linda

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

I have posted about Radio Mozart (All Mozart all the time) before. When TuneIn started it became unavailable, in that if you selected it you got the graphic, but very non-Mozart pop music played. So I complained, and after a week or two the problem was fixed.

Then after Christmas there was a different problem. If I chose the station I got the graphic, but no sound at all.

So I posted here, and now I have news. I now get sound if I select Radio Mozart. It isn’t Mozart, of course, that would be too much to expect from whoever is running (I use the word in its loosest sense) this operation. It is pop music again.

Could somebody please fix this again.You got it working before, so it obvioisly can be done.  And then it would be nice if you could STOP SCREWING IT UP!

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

In addition to making requests here, I suggest contacting Tunein support directly. I have found they do respond and engage in problem solving. Be aware however, you will get a different support tech on every email exchange as such you may have to restate your issue till they get it right. 

This is not atypical of support services these days unfortunately.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

rickatk wrote:

addition to making requests here, I suggest contacting Tunein support directly. I have found they do respond and engage in problem solving.

That is what I did the first time - which worked - but not the second. And of course since TuneIn is currently the ONLY way to get internet radio on a SoundTouch, complaining here should really do it.

But thank you for a sensible suggestion which I will try and follow when I have time tomorrow.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I was speaking to my local audio expert the other day, he advises that TuneIn has become quite aggressive with its marketing and as a result prevalent as the streaming supplier for all his brands including Yamaha, Marantz, Denon and Onkyo. These manufacturers have dropped VTuner as a supplier of baked in Internet radio streaming. I would say that has been a tall order since VTuner has been around for a long time.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

So it looks like CBS owned stations are out as Bose is not going to fix this so we can get them. They are just going to uase the cheapest app they can get. Not what worked when I purchased the product. I am now glad I decided to get rid of all this bose junk and start moving to other products. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Finally the ability to encode custom URL streams is there !

Thanks for acting on this, I was really looking for alternatives.

Still, I'm worried about the inability to opt out of autamatic updates. I now know that Bose can totally cripple my speakers without my consent and that there is no way to roll back this change.