Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: 12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the clarification on the new update.

We're happy to see you're able to enjoy your favorite stations again.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Thank you very much for this update.  It took me a few tries, and a lot of searching to find the url stream links, but I can now listen to my favourite Belgian station again.  In case anyone else is having issues finding streaming url's -  I found my missing links on streamportal.net in their browse chanels section.  Thanks again 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

I’m one of the lucky ones - most of my favourites work fine.

But not Radio Mozart (from Marseille - and I’m in France - url www.radio.mozart.net)

That is visible in TuneIn, but currently plays the wrong stream. I wrote to TuneIn, who eventually said the station must have sent them the wrong url (although I remember it was working fine before Christmas) and they expected me to complain to the station and get them to send TuneIn the correct one. 

I suppose it cuts your costs if you get your customers to sort out your problems for you!

The station is available on a number of other services, and on my Roberts Internet Radio, so I’m not totally convinced by TuneIn’s explanation - the error could well have happened at their end.

Then you added your system for entering a station’s url.  I tried the above url in VLC Media Player and it streamed perfectly. So I entered it in your new system. Error 3103 was the eventual result.

So I continue to loathe your move to TuneIn.

Any suggestions - and I hope they don’t include getting in touch with Radio Mozart, as I can find no way to do that, which is odd in the extreme.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Clearcomms, I don't know whether this will help, but I think this is Radio Mozart's twitter feed - https://twitter.com/radiomozart .  You could possibly send them a tweet and ask for their streaming url.  Worth a try.  Regards. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Debhudon - very helpful. I have never tweeted, but this may be the moment to start! Many thanks.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

Find it here along many other radio stations
Dir.xiph.org
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the clarification on the new update.

We're happy to see you're able to enjoy your favorite stations again.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Hi Joel:

Great news about adding the custom URL feature. As I have previously posted I used this feature with iTunes many years ago, before SoundTouch. There are many resources / directories available for finding the URLs for the various stations around the world, least of which contacting the stations directly. The update seemed to work fine. 

I am curious: Is this feature a derivative of TuneIn or something newly built into the Bose architecture?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Your treatment of your customers is unbelievably poor, and springing such a change was a big mistake. TuneIn pretends to have many stations but then it only says Oops, try later. How many years later, I wonder. Cesky Rozhlas Plus is still missing, and so are many many other links. I was going to buy another speaker but now am looking to sell my current ones and switch to another company. You lead me to believe you have a service that you then cancelled.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Just to clarify. How Can I put an URL direction in my pc using tunein?

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello mpf541@icloud.com,

Thanks for the posts.

I just want to clarify with you, are you unable to locate your favorite stations in the TuneIn portion of the SoundTouch app, as well as being unable to add it using the new custom URL option?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Can you clarify how to use the URL option with the soundtouch app using a PC?