Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Re: 12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Help, please. To get the stations back that I lost when Bose switched to TuneIn,  I’m starting with trying to put two stations in. I find many websites that stream the stations, but copying and pasting the website address has yielded nothing. 

I see the formats shown on the app that are allowed, but how do I find those for the stations I want? So now I have to become a coder expert to do this?

Please help with specific directions in novice, layman terms. I doubt I’m the only one with this problem. 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

@1wildcheetah wrote:

Help, please. To get the stations back that I lost when Bose switched to TuneIn,  I’m starting with trying to put two stations in. I find many websites that stream the stations, but copying and pasting the website address has yielded nothing. 

I see the formats shown on the app that are allowed, but how do I find those for the stations I want? So now I have to become a coder expert to do this?

Please help with specific directions in novice, layman terms. I doubt I’m the only one with this problem. 

Thank you. 

You need to find out the steaming URL which differs from the radio station's web site. The ways you can find this is firstly to look at the radio stations web site and perhaps they advertise the stream URL somewhere such as "how to listen". another way is to look at the web page source code and you will find various URL's and one of them is likely to be the correct URL...(beware...pages and pages of code). there are also some web sites that list station steaming URL's and then there are some programs such as URL Snooper which will sniff out radio streams from a web page... athough I have found it difficult to work.. best alternative if above does not work or maybe your first option is to message the station and ask them for their streaming URL... I have found some small stations reply...others dont even bother responding...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Finally I can listen to my favourit stations again, via url input.

Thanks Bose!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Probably the easiest way to find the stream, using Google chrome browser listen to the station and press Shift-Ctrl-I to open Developer mode on the right.  Click on Network Tab and look for active bandwidth stream, right click and copy url.

If you do not see this, in developer window type ctrl-r to refresh and click on lower media tab. In most cases the media stream seem to have semi-colon ; at the end of the url.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Hi Joel,

Would like to report that tha copy paste URL fuction from google chrome to the st app in windows 10 does not work ! Plese fix ! All in all, i am happy to be able afain to listen my favorit station FM + Sofia, Bulgaria, never the less raios Melody & Classik FM still gets error 3103 in the app  on Tunein !!! Could it be fixed ?

Regards

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Tchervenov - you can paste  a url into the app, but not with your mouse. “Ctrl + v” is the answer.

Why Bose are so old-fashioned as that is beyond me, but then I have felt the software side of the company is very poor ever since I bought my first SoundTouch some years ago.

i posted yesterday about TuneIn expecting me to fix their problems with Radio Mozart, and followed it up by sending TuneIn a strong email saying (among other things) that I wasn’t going to do their work for them, Surprise! This morning Radio Mozart is working again.

So someone somewhere is taking notice - thanks to whoever it is, and I must remember to email TuneIn support in case it was them!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Pleased to say I can listen again to one of my favourites - Riviera Radio Monaco thanks to the new URL input.

If anyone is interested, the url is http://rivieraradio.ice.infomaniak.ch/rivieraradio-high.mp3

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Hi Joel,
Thank you very much for possibility to enter URL. Good work!
Martin
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

It took me some time to figure out how to get the streaming url’s but I got all my fav stations back.

I even replaced the stations that were available on TuneIn with the streaming url’s because in my little world this is my way of protesting them 😉😂.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Thank you Trevuk! I'll give that a try.