allanhelen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Re: 12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

In my case I added the url for my premium RadioTunes subscription for the Vocal Chillout station, (and am still loving being able to stream directly though SoundTouch) I can see RadioTunes on tune in but there are no stations behind it, but that is how it has always been.

i truely hope that this custom URL functionality is not removed, this really has been a huge omission in the past.

tchervenov
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Re: 12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Can anybody explain me what is the difference betwin this two URLs ?

http://193.108.24.21:8000/fmplus

and

http://193.108.24.21:8000/fmplus?file=.mp3

Thanks

Jan Petrtyl
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Martin,

your suggestion works (for other CRo stations), but I am unable to find streams for CRo Plus. I have found these lists:

http://radio.cesnet.cz:8000/

http://www.listenlive.eu/czech-republic.html

CRo Plus worked for a day or two (in case of cesnet), and then stopped working completely. All Plus streams, all options. No way. Radiozurnal works fine. Bose starts to drive me crazy. CRo Plus is one of the reasons I bought that damned Sound Touch 10. Moreover, when I wanted to listen to Plus via bluetooth and CRo Android app, the ST 10 is unable to locate my phone. Hence the speaker needs to be unplugged and then plugged-in. Only then is able to re-connect to my phone. All of this is so frustrating... I used to be Bose´s ambassador, but this is so disappointing 😞

Thanks a lot for any clues!

zajbo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

HI, 

my soundtouch20 completelly lost ability to play an Internet radio, no TuneIn service in the list of services, no other options to select my Internet radio manually.

Best would be to downgrade the latest software release to previos one...which was working correctly.

markathome
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I’ve just tried to listen to Virgin UK but I have a prerecorded message telling me the content is not available in my territory. Not what internet radio is about!

chalkyblue69
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

I've tried multiple URLs for Absolute Radio UK (from outside UK), none of them have worked so far 😞

Anyone had any luck from outside UK?

Cheers!

markathome
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

@chalkyblue69 wrote:

I've tried multiple URLs for Absolute Radio UK (from outside UK), none of them have worked so far 😞

Cheers!

I’ve managed to get BBC and some local commercial stations but not the big commercial ones like Virgin or Absolute. I tried with a VPN or searching for a URL but unsuccessful so far. 

clearcomms
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

@markathome wrote:

@chalkyblue69 wrote:

Cheers!

I’ve managed to get BBC and some local commercial stations but not the big commercial ones like Virgin or Absolute. I tried with a VPN or searching for a URL but unsuccessful so far. 

You won't get Absolute or Virgin from outside the UK - nothing to do with Bose, and everything to do with what brioadcasting rights thesde radio stations have paid for.

The right (UK-based) VPN should work, as that makes it appear you are listening in the UK.

Even the BBC sometimes can't let you listen outside the UK - this happens with some commentary on sports events, for instance.

chalkyblue69
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Thanks but not quite true...
I have setup Virgin Stream with a URL no problem & it works perfectly (not at home now so cant provide the link), it was via a 3rd party & just used the stream URL from them...
Absolute no such luck as yet, issue seems to be all streams for that are above 24 speed wise & Bose have restricted URL streams to 24.
My BBC ones also work fine, apart from live sport as you say...

Highlighted
markathome
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

The BBC radio app works well and I see a request has been made to Bose to add this. 

Did Absolute work on Internet radio?