1wildcheetah
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Agree, we need a way to store custom URL stations in addition to the preset 6.

vTunerCEO
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Hi, This is the vTuner CEO. Please do not go to the vTuner website to get the station steaming URL to be added to Bose products. If you have already done this please remove and find another way to add the stations streaming URL. This is not against you but against Bose. Thank you.

Nadia1981
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

@vTunerCEO wrote:

Hi, This is the vTuner CEO. Please do not go to the vTuner website to get the station steaming URL to be added to Bose products. If you have already done this please remove and find another way to add the stations streaming URL. This is not against you but against Bose. Thank you.

————————————

Honestly, I’m gonna get my streaming links any way I can. And it’s not like we’re using vTuner url’s but the direct streaming links from the radio station which are found on the Page Source.

The same ones vTuner themselves use to stream said radio stations. The same streaming url’s that are also found on the webpage of those radio stations. It’s just easier to navigate through one website than go through numerous ones. 

vTunerCEO
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

vTuner spends a lot of money and effort to make sure the streams actually work and are updated. Bose decided that vTuner was a piece of **bleep** and could use tunein instead. 

You can can do whatever you want but you are using a piece of **bleep** Bose product now.

good luck 

SimonHP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Hi vTuner CEO,

I have been watching this thread since Bose removed access to vTuner from our SoundTouch systems. Virtually every post has been asking Bose to restore vTuner to the SoundTouch platform, and commenting how much better vTuner was than the replacement. In this sense, the followers of this forum are your friends and supporters. We have not been told any reason why vTuner was removed, however we all miss it. Speaking personally, I would far rather have a product with your service than what I have ended up with.Kind regards and best wishes, Simon.

Springbok
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Ditto here. We all, without exception, bought our systems with, and because of vTuner support and after experiencing the forced change to Tune-In, want what we paid for. Bose, please listen to your customer base and give us back what we paid $$$ for.

pheffner
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2016

I did get back to listening to both Absolute Radio UK and Virgin UK, but not on my Bose Soundtouch.

It turns out there's a service on my Amazon Echo Show 'mytuner' which can get both of these. I just

say:
Alexa ask mytuner radio to play Virgin Radio UK

or

Alexa ask mytuner radio to play Absolute Radio from the United Kingdom

and sure enough, they play! Now the Soundtouch sits idle for most days, and I guess it will until they iron out the whole

vtuner debacle. Given the lunkheaded lack of substantive response from Bose I get the impression it will be a long time.

Highlighted
Aush
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

For Absolut Radio try to add in Settings custom URL http://live-absolute.sharp-stream.com/absoluteclassicrock.aac

Aush
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

To save custom URL as preset just press and hold any button 1-6 as usual while it plays

sionglim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

Dear sir,

I still not able to stream station below from Malaysia:

1) http://listen.melody.com.my
2)https://listen.my.com.my

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Lim