Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

I'm in Los Angeles, the second biggest radio market in the U.S., and trying to get some of the most popular local stations on TuneIn and they aren't there. Sure, TuneIn has obscure LA stations, such as a Mormon Chanel and a Saigon Radio Folk Music station; however, not the most popular in the city, such as 94.7, 102.7, 103.5, 101.1, 105.9, and more and more and more. 

So every time I want to switch stations beyond my preset 6, I have to go online, find the URL, and type it in? Is there any other way that doesn't require the Bose consumer to do all the work? This is remaining very frustrating to me.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello 1wildcheetah,

Thanks for posting.

We appreciate the feedback.

Can you also provide the station names besides the numbers so I can pass this along to development for you?

Even if you have all of your presets filled and you look up a new URL, this will still be in your history under Recently Played in the SoundTouch app.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Thank you. The LA stations are below. 

I see "Recently Played" under "Just For You" on my app. and three stations show. What is the max amount that will show; when do they start dropping off? If it only holds three, that's not much. Can it be expanded?

Here are the most popular stations in LA. Bose or TuneIn can take the time to compare to their list; I've already spent hours on trying to get my Bose to play what it used to with vTuner.

• KTWV-FM 94.7
  • KIIS-FM 102.7
  • KJLH-FM 102.3 
  • KBIG-FM 104.3 MYFM
  • KOST-FM 103.5
  • KRTH-FM K-Earth 101
  • KAMP-FM 97.1 AMP Radio
  • KPWR-FM Power 106
  • KCBS-FM 93.1 Jack FM
  • KRRL-FM REAL 92.3
  • KYSR-FM ALT 98.7
  • KLOS-FM 95.5
  • KJLL-FM 92.7
  • KNX-AM 1070 Our biggest news station
  • KPCC-FM 89.3 NPR

I was able to get LA's KJAZZ 88.1 and KUSC 91.5 on TuneIn... quite the surprise.

I - and what must be tens-of-thousands of people in LA with Bose- would appreciate help.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi 1wildcheetah,

Thanks for the details, I have passed all of these along to development.

As for the "Recently Played" section, if you select "More," I was able to see the past 38 stations I listened to. I'm not sure what the max number of stations remembered under the "More" section, but I have reached out to development to find what the max number of remembered stations are for you. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @1wildcheetah,

I just received confirmation from development that under "Recently Played" and "More" will hold 50 of your recently listened to stations.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Thank you, Joel. Good to know more are saved.

Interesting, now when I open "Just For You", all I see is "Recently Played" (I saw other options there yesterday) and a listing of 40+ stations (vs 3 yesterday), many of them duplicates. I didn't have to click on "More" as there are no other options.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2017

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Bose is working fine but the Tune in software implementatin does not,same radio channels that plays fine on the iPad or iPhone Tune in app does not play on the Bose som i thinj there is some coding wrong in the Bose Firmware that blocks them because the seek works and finds the channels but it ends with timeout and a fail code and it's very disturbing that Bose changed from internet radio to this messy **bleep** that isn't ready for the public!

This is how it works in Finland for the moment and since the change from internet radio to Tune In 😞 

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Frej,

Thanks for writing in!  

What are the stations that you are currently looking to stream?  We did add a feature in the settings to add your own custom URL streams which should work for the stations you can't seem to stream directly from TuneIn. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Hi there,

Please can I have an update on the below:

Over 2 months ago I requested several Polish National radio-stations to be unblocked on Bose Tune In (they are available on premium and also work on VPN). Before your downgrade from vTuner they were working perfectly fine.

There are 4 nationwide and 17 regional public stations still missing. I can not link them all directly or switch between easily.  To fin them start searching from: Polskie Radio ...

Thanks,

Tomasz

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Tomasz,

Thank you for the inquiry.

We do not have any new updates on if these stations will be implemented. Currently, we're still working with TuneIn for all the station requests. 

You do have the option to stream these station via the custom URL option, and the "Recently Played" section does hold up to 50 of your recently played stations for easy access.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support