PaultheBrit
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

@Frej wrote:

Bose is working fine but the Tune in software implementatin does not,same radio channels that plays fine on the iPad or iPhone Tune in app does not play on the Bose som i thinj there is some coding wrong in the Bose Firmware that blocks them because the seek works and finds the channels but it ends with timeout and a fail code and it's very disturbing that Bose changed from internet radio to this messy **bleep** that isn't ready for the public!

This is how it works in Finland for the moment and since the change from internet radio to Tune In 😞 

Hi Frej. The Tune In channels for some countries seem to be blocked. I suggest that you enter the url station identifications that you need directly into the new feature added to the latest software release and save these as presets. Go to http://www.listenlive.eu/finland.html to see a list of all of your Finland stations. Hopefully the ones that you like are listed there.

Paul the Brit

gluchies
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Again we experience a 15 minute delay on all radio stations of the vrt network in Belgium.

it worked fine for several months.  Please resolve this !

Peter K
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

It's a real scandal ! Again 15 minutes delay on belgian VRT-stations and still no french RTBF-stations after 3 months of misery . Instead of solving problems with TuneIn ... Bose is creating new ones. 

CptDobey
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@Peter K wrote:

It's a real scandal ! Again 15 minutes delay on belgian VRT-stations and still no french RTBF-stations after 3 months of misery . Instead of solving problems with TuneIn ... Bose is creating new ones. 

All RTBF-stations do work as long as you enter the streaming address directly in the Bose Apps.

The issue is to find the streaming addresses of some radios, but tricks and tips have been given in previous messages to find them

Ymiro
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Hi, my region is Europe Finland. I get error 3102 and sometimes error 3103 when I try the custom url streaming 

https://areena.yle.fi/radio/ohjelmat/yle-radio-suomi?_c=yle-radio-suomi-mikkeli

Peter K
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Thank you CptDobey, 

I've already used the possibility to enter a  streaming adress. But with each update you have te reinstall some presets. 

And yesterday the delay problems resurfaced.

After three months of trouble I expected a real solution from a company like Bose.

DavidBrooks
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

I've been away from this forum for a few weeks and it doesn't appear I've missed anything (except for the occassionally justifiably p-o'ed comment from the vTuner CEO). But I want to emphasize what I said before: although Joel seems to think we are happy with the custom URL solution, IT IS NOT A SOLUTION. Everyone, stop pretending it is.

People who have found this forum are by definition technically savvy and thus I'll bet a very small subset of the SoundTouch customers. My wife, who has lived with a techie for 48 years, knows her way around the web and some apps, but talk to her about a custom URL and she'll just stop listening to that foreign language, let alone know how to hunt for one. I can't even begin to imagine the number of customers who have never found their missing stations, puzzled over it for weeks while waiting for what must be a temporary glitch, given up and moved on. And formed an appropriately low opinion of Bose.

It doesn't help that this technically savvy subset is in some cases still confused, and often still unable to find their desired URLs. It also doesn't help that the custom URL is under "Settings", literally the last place you look, even if you know for sure the feature exists.

Bose, is this product intended for a mass market or for experienced programmers?

Highlighted
ranec106
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

I totally agree with you, I've also linked several radio stations and they still do not work. I have not received a response from the forum professionals either.

Hi mmyoabautista@yahoo.es,

Thank you for your posts and I'm sorry that you have had to wait so long for a reply. The streams that you posted are in FLAC and OGG format, which are currently unsupported formats. The SoundTouch app supports the addition of custom URLs of streams in MP3, AAC and OGG format. Perhaps you may be able to reach out to the stations in question to see whether they offer streams in any of these formats.

@Ymiro,

The error codes 3102 and 3103 can occur for various reasons. It may be worth speaking to our Technical Support team to perform a little troubleshooting and find out why you are receiving them. To find the appropriate phone number, select your country from this list and click Contact Us from the menu at the bottom of the page.

For those who require assistance adding streams to the SoundTouch app using the 'Add Custom URL' feature,  here is a brief guide:

1. Open a web browser on your PC (we tested this using Chrome).

2. Find a website where you can listen to the radio station, then play it.

custom_url_1.png

3. Press the F12 key on your keyboard.

4. Click inside the box that appears in the upper-right-hand corner of your screen and press Control + F on your keyboard to search within the code. Look for "<audio>", "<audio id>" or an audio format such as "MP3" or "AAC". 

custom_url_2.png

5. If you find any yellow highlighted text when searching for "<audio>" or "<audio_id>", right-click on it, then click "edit as HTML".

custom_url_3.png

If neither "<audio>" or "<audio id>" return a result, look for a URL similar to that in the above screenshot using a search for the format ("MP3", "AAC", "WMA").

6. Select the URL, copy it, and paste it into a new tab.

custom_url_4.png

7. Make sure it works by clicking Play. If so, enter this link into the "Stream Custom Radio URL" in the SoundTouch app's settings menu. If it does not work, if may be possible to find another link to the stream on a different website.

custom_url_5.png

custom_url_6.png

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Springbok
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

his is all very well for those of us who have the inclination, time, and technical ability to follow such instructions, but why are we being made to spend our time and effort in addition to the major expenditure we made for a Bose product that Bose has made to stop working the way it was when we bought it? Please give us back the vTuner ability that we paid for and were happy with.