Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hi again Andy,

Thank you. Your software is up to date. TuneIn should appear in both the Music Services menu and the main menu; I was incorrect when I said that it didn't appear in the former.

Any systems in 'Settings > Speaker Settings' are displaying as "Not Connected" could be causing the service not to show up. However, I would have thought that it would still appear in the Music Services menu with all of the others.

Where in the world are you located, if you don't mind me asking?

andyH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

No absolutely nothing appearing. Just to make sure I deleted the cache on my phone app, then deleted the app, restarted the phone, and reinstalled the app - still nothing. I then done a factory reset on the SoundTouch, installed the SoundTouch software onto my PC, and it has nothing either. I'm based in the UK and now wishing I'd gone Sonos! This is completely unacceptable for Bose to make such drastic changes to a very expensive piece of equipment purchased for a specific purpose, and which worked fine until they messed it up.

Hi Andy,

I understand your frustration - we'll get this sorted for you.

When you say, "nothing appearing", do you mean that there are no speakers appearing at all on the 'Speaker Settings' page?

Best regards,

Patrick - Community Support

andyH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

On the Speaker Settings page I just have the following -

My Speaker listed as name - Bose

Add Speaker (Button)

Update (Button) Greyed Out

When I select the Speaker I have the following options

Speaker Name - Bose

Language - English

Base Reduction

Bluetooth

Connect to a Wifi (Button)

Create Stereo Pair (Button)

Remove Speaker (Button)

Hi Andy,

It looks like all's in order there. At this point, I think the fastest way to get your speaker back up and running will be to speak to our Technical Support department by telephone. The UK line is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday and between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Saturday. The telephone number for the UK can be found HERE.

I'm sorry that I'm unable to assist any more on the community forum. This issue seems to be quite specific to your SoundTouch account and there's only so much information that I can ask you to post here.

Thanks,

Patrick - Community Support

Highlighted
Yellergixer123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

I'm using this player at the moment https://player.absoluteradio.co.uk/classic-rock/?referrer=listenpage  so probably the wrong one.

Its absolute classic rock I'm after, not just absolute radio.

Apologies for delay in answering, busy night shifts Man Frustrated

Hi Yellergixer123!

Thanks for coming back to us!

Have you added the URL to the SoundTouch App?

Let me know!

Jessie - Community Support

markathome
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

A radio station previously missing was added but now that radio station has a new talk station but I can’t find it on tunein. 

Everytime a station changes or is new, do we have to request it to listen to it?

The station that was added is in New Zealand and now called Magic music and the missing one is Magic talk. 

Marcogs
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Good morning,

Juste succesfuly added the Belgium Vivacite radio URL through "settings" then "Stream custom radio URL".

My soundtouch speaker is finally back to life.

Marco

Frej
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 3, 2017

Hello,now Bose is back on track !

The channels i've missed i seekable again and works!

I don't know if Bose have done changes to something but anyway it works again!

Thanks to all invoved in this unhappy situation that should not have been nessery from the beginning.

over and out.