Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hello NeverLift,

Thanks for getting touch.

When you say Jazz FM91 is missing from the update, specifically when was the update that affected this station if you can remember?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support

Highlighted
Yellergixer123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Hi, unfortunately I'm back again Man Sad

I,ve been listening to Absolute classic rock amongst other staions on my speaker, but yesterday I had a bit of difficulty trying to bluetooth an album from my phone. It did eventually work but somehow saved the preset I used for Absolute Classic Rock as a link to albums on my phone instead..

Now whenever I try to relink the link sent to me on page 84 (ish) of this thread it is no longer able to play it. Has something else happened in the meantime, as I have tried a few ways but the speaker just cannot play it

Hi Yellergixer123, 

When opening the Bose SoundTouch app, you should be able to access the presets via the 'waffle' icon in the top right corner of the screen. I would recommend searching for your station of choice within the app, and when you are ready to assign the station to a preset, tap and hold on the radio station icon for a few seconds, and this will bring up the preset drawer. You can then drag the station over the preferred slot. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

[Edited by Moderator on 05/02/2019]

Yellergixer123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Hi Jeff G
Thanks for your reply, I've done this with all my presets when I first set it up but I was referring to being unable to stream Absolute Classic rock as per my posts on pages 83-85 on this thread. And the solution given to me by Paulthebrit on page 85. However for some reason, while trying to Bluetooth music from my phone, the channel was overwritten to a link to my phone music instead. I now am unable to reprogram the link sent on page 85. The speaker just says unable to play come back later, no matter how many times I try

Hi Yellergixer123, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Have you attempted to remove the new preset from the app and add it back via the SoundTouch App? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Robert Ford
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 1, 2019

On May 1, 2019  Tunein dropped the Maine Public Radio news network and substituted a Maine Public 24/7 music streaming station.

It is not possible now to listen to Public Radio's Maine news network.  Can't follow the various Maine-specific news shows now. And we bought the 2 Bose soundtouch systems a year ago precisely for this purpose.

Would you please restore that news network promptly ?

Thank you.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you having an issue with listening to public Radios Maine news network. 

If Tunein has dropped the radio station there is nothing we can do about it however on the Soundtouch App you can do direct URL listening by selecting:

• Settings. 
  • Stream custom radio URL. 
  • Type in the URL of the radio station you want to listen to and choose a custom name.
  • You can set it as a preset so you don't have to go through the process again.

Please try this and let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Prince O

Robert S. Ford
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2019

thank you for your message; i appreciate your initiative in sending it.

unfortunately it didn't work. In short, to get to the live-streaming Maine Public network, one logs onto Maine Public and then must choose between the news network stream and the 24/7 music streaming (to which Tunein has suddenly shifted). typing in the URL just produces a message #3102 that the service isn't available.

for people in rural Maine who use Bose speakers and its streaming partner to listen to the news, this is an unhappy development. 

would you happen to have an address of the appropriate office at Tunein to whom I could write ? Their website's "Contact Us" page does not have an obvious link for this problem of Tunein switching its station choice.

thank you again, robert ford

Hello YellerGixer123, 

Can you please try adding https://ais.absoluteradio.co.uk/absoluteclassicrock.mp3 as a custom URL within the SoundTouch app. This should allow you to listen to Absolute Classic Rock again. You can also assign the URL as a preset. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Yellergixer123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Brilliant Jeff thanks a lot it works fine, can't think why that last one went off. I'm in Saudi Arabia and perhaps its more of an internet problem from here maybe.