01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Audible Advocate

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Jeff, how do I get 94.5 Kool out of Phoenix AZ on my Soundtouch IV radio again.  I had it last year but lost it in the fall when Bose went to Tunen.  I'm getting tired of waiting for Bose and Tunein to fix it.  I'm not a techie so I don't know where to fine URL that will give me 94.5 nor should I have to.  That is what the radio is suppose to do.  PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Hi Hawkes4ever, 

I have just looked into this, and it appears this station is no longer available. I am unable to access their website either so they may have ceased broadcasting. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Audible Advocate

Jeff, 94.5 Kool out of Phoenix, AZ is going strong.  I can listen to it on my computer on Radio.com.  I listened to 94.5 Kool on my Bose last year until Bose made all the changes that deleted a lot of stations.  How do I get it now??  If I need a URL, what is it?  I'm not a techie and do not plan to become one.  That is why I bought a Bose. 

By the way 95.1 Oasis out of Phoenix, AZ also quit working on my Bose about a week ago.   

Hi Hawkes4ever, 

I have checked again and I am unable to access the website nor hear the station online on various radio service platforms. This may be a geographical issue as we are based out of the UK. There are guides online, however, which will help you locate the URL. Please watch this video which will give you a good insight into how to access the URLs. Please note, this is created by a third party, not Bose, and we are not responsible for the content in the video. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Noisy Narrator

SmoothJazz.com 256bit stream

Please add or ensure Tunein is using the following URL for this really great station. The folks at smoothjazz.com advise this is their best highest resolution stream.

http://sj256.hnux.com/
Noisy Narrator

@rickatk wrote:
SmoothJazz.com 256bit stream

Please add or ensure Tunein is using the following URL for this really great station. The folks at smoothjazz.com advise this is their best highest resolution stream.

http://sj256.hnux.com/

I have been communicating with the folks at TuneIn and smoothjazz.com...

Here is the 320k stream URL. I added the URL via the custom link maker and replaced the standard TuneIn URL. Sounds so good. 

smoothjazz.com is a radio station out of Monterey California. They are very dedicated to the smooth jazz genre and were one of the early internet radio stations. I have been listening for years, first on iTunes and Airplay, then On Bose SoundTouch. Worth a listen!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I’ve recently lost my favorite UK stations BBC Radio Wales and BBC Radio 2. They were saved as presets and now just don’t work. Another issue I can add to the litany of things that just don’t work on Soundtouch + SoundTouch app
Audible Advocate

BBC Radio 2 stopped for a day for me also last week, but then it worked the next day, but it stopped again on Saturday and will not work now.
What can be done about this please.
Friendly Fanatic

Now Bose has lost the track again,have to play Tune in from ipad with Bluetooth connection to the Bose because the soundtouch software has changed worse again ;(

Noisy Narrator

This may not be the Bose or even Tunein system problem. Try manually inputting the URL into the Bose app. Use the URL from the station if you can find it. That is the best way to rule out the source of the problem.