Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hi,
What is Bose URL? How it work? Can you teach me on this? I'm using soundtouch 30. Many thanks.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey HenryWong!

Thanks for your message. Should your radio stations not be supported directly within the SoundTouch application via TuneIn, you can add them as a custom radio URL stream instead. To do this, you need to find the URL stream for the radio. A guide on how to do this can be found within the thread HERE, or you may also be able to find this information by contacting the radio stations directly.

After you've obtained the URL for the stream, follow the below guide to start playing the station on your SoundTouch speakers:

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the Menu icon in the upper left
  2. Choose Settings > Stream Custom Radio URL
  3. In the URL field, enter the web address of the station's stream
  4. In the Name field, enter a name for the station (i.e. the station's call letters or FM/AM frequency)
  5. Tap STREAM STATION
    Tip: If the stream does not start, check that the web address was entered correctly and that the stream is a supported file type: MP3, AAC, or WMA. (Typically, a valid web address ends with the file type, for example, ".mp3".)

After the radio station is playing on your SoundTouch speaker, you can follow the guide HERE on how to save this station as a preset.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

It's great that Bose have finally reinstated the internet radio options but I've just tried it and all I get is

"HMM...     We can't play that right now. Please try again later (3102)"

I was trying to get my favourite Blues station  (https://streema.com/radios/Blues_Radio)

It still works fine on the computer of course but my expensive Bose system can't since they moved too Tunin.

I'm very disappointed in Bose and I regret buying it.

Highlighted

Hello Bodger, 

Thanks for commenting on this thread. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues listening to your favorite station. 

May I suggest adding the below link as a custom URL to the SoundTouch app. 

http://live.bluesradio.gr:8352/stream/;

I hope this helps. 

Kindest,

Jeff G - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

Ahh  .... I just got i

@Bodger wrote:

It's great that Bose have finally reinstated the internet radio options but I've just tried it and all I get is

"HMM...     We can't play that right now. Please try again later (3102)"

I was trying to get my favourite Blues station  (https://streema.com/radios/Blues_Radio)

---------

AHH I got it to work by drilling down into the HTML of the radio webpage and finding the link to the actual MP3;

Blues Athens Radio... http://i4.streams.ovh:8352/stream/;

Thanks to the instructions found here on the forum...

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Custom-URL-Radio-Streams/m-p/195866#M76927

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Thanks @Bodger to share the forum, It really help up to settle my problem ( still have 1 more station unable to find the URL). I able to find the URL link but that is some different compare to the forum teaching.

Dear all, can try it up to settle your problem. 

To Bose, I'm really disappointed to your system, I'll not purchase your product again. 

Thanks again @Bodger 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

Hi Bose 

I just updated my soundtouch 30 app and TuneIn is no longer available. I still can get my previous TuneIn channels because I preset them. What should I do to get back TuneIn? 

Thanks 

TY29

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Try logging out of your account then logging back in.

Highlighted

Hi ty29,

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would highly recommend that you do as @rickatk has kindly suggested above! 

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Please get TuneIn to add "Dinner Jazz Excursion" internet radio station to their lineup. That was our number one favorite from vTuner on both of our Bose Wave Radios. TuneIn still does not carry Dinner Jazz Excursion.