Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hmmm... logged and back in, but does not change anything. Can still not find virgin radio DUBAI 104.4. Most popular radio here by far!

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@vercrj wrote:

Hmmm... logged and back in, but does not change anything. Can still not find virgin radio DUBAI 104.4. Most popular radio here by far!

This might be a Tunein thing. I would notify Bose accordingly and send a note directly to TuneIn. They are responsive,

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

I guess Classic FM London has become another TuneIn casualty. Why Did i buy a Bose system again?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Try using the direct entry URL feature with this url http://media-ice.musicradio.com/ClassicFMMP3

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

A reply from Classic FM: "We are aware of an issue and our technical teams are working with TuneIn to resolve this". They also suggested Global Player (the phone app) or their website stream, neither of which is helpful for a SoundTouch.

Meanwhile: it's been over a year that vTuner was removed (apparently at no notice to the Bose tech staff, and for reasons that were unconvincingly described as an improvement and otherwise we can only guess) and things have gotten gradually worse. I think there are many international listeners to Classic FM, who may have figured out the TuneIn alternative since November 2018, but (I suspect the majority) who aren't tech-savvy to find and apply URLs. They are now lost.

Never ascribing to malice that which can be explained by incompetence (or a configuration error), but Bose dropping vTuner in favor of TuneIn, and TuneIn dropping presumably unprofitable streams like this does smell bad.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

I also contacted ClassicFm and they provided me with a direct url (as did another on this forum) which is working. ClassicFM said they were working on the problem.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

I just realized: Classic FM has a bigger problem than SoundTouch. I just plugged in my Alexa Echo, and "Play Classic FM" gives me the nearest classic rock station via TuneIn ("Classic FM London" doesn't work either). And Echo users don't have the URL option. I suspect my daughter's Sonos is equally out of luck.

Edited to Add: According to their website, there is a "Classic FM skill" (a sort of mini-app) for Alexa. I can't figure out how to deploy it.

Bose: CAN WE PLEASE HAVE VTUNER BACK?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2015

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Hi

I have been listening to Radio New Zealand National Programme via TuneIn for some time. However a few days ago it started to cutout every 20seconds or so - buffering?

It is the same on all my Soundtouch Speakers S10 & S20s

In the app I used to be able to select The National Prog from 3 or 4 options (different NZ cities). Now I don't see the station but still have it as a preset.

I have tried setting up a custom stream (https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/live/national) but that fails with error 3102.

All other TuneIn stations work perfectly.

Please tell me how I can fix this or is the problem at your end?

Cheers

Keith

Highlighted

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Hey Keith, 

Sorry you're having some issues.

Just to confirm, if you download the TuneIn app, are you able to see the station in it? 

I'd like to confirm where the issue is!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.