Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Agree. When bought device 3 yrs ago I had checked that have internet radio and I can listen radio which I always listen.

Now it's gone. Instead of more choice, there is less choice. Wait to remove Spotify and replace with some another 'service'

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I have contacted Bose Support (in Belgium) this Monday (from their web site) in a very polite and calm manner about this mess.

Until now, no answer of any kind.

Customer service at its best 😞

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I was on support chat for over an hour. The person assisting me knew what the problem was but not hos to solve it. Thanksgiving Day I thought we would listen to som enice music. NOT!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

I sopke with Bose Support in Australia this afternoon.  The station that I am having issues with appears in the Bose TuneIn App, and it even re-mapped the preset for me....but refuses to play.  They said that it was strange that the station was there, but would not play.  they are going to "log it in the system" and hopefully it starts working soon......

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

I have a different issue altogether. As I had written in to Bose on several occasions giving all my details, I will just mention here briefly that as a totally blind user, I was able to use the SoundTouch software up to before version 18 successfully using my iPhone running VoiceOver. In other words, I could search Tune-In for radio stations, set my presets, see the firmware and software version currently in use, just to name a few. However, updates after version 18 was rendered useless to me since all of these functions now became unavailable. Not sure what to say except that in my mind, the software updates have regressed, as far as I am concerned. My concern is that I will not be able to search for stations on Tune-In on the fly and listen to the station of my choice, except for the ones that resides in my preset. By the way, five out of the six presets were ported over successfully, meaning that I am now no longer able to search for a station and put it in my preset or change any preset at will. Disappointed with the update, and feeling really frustrated with the way updates from Bose have gone!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Dear Jason, nothing against your positive experience with TuneIn. In my case - I decided to buy the Bose SoundTouch because Internetradio option. You changed the conditions ...  you can use TuneIn if you want ... but do not decide what shall I use - thats my point. Give the Internetradio back and let me as customer take the decision !!!!!!!!!  

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I think It's very important to hear... Bose had to react and propose this:

So if it is not possible to continue using vTuner, give us the option to enter and store stream URLs!

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@CptDobey wrote:

I have contacted Bose Support (in Belgium) this Monday (from their web site) in a very polite and calm manner about this mess.

Until now, no answer of any kind.

Just got an answer a few minutes ago. Is there a relation with the message avobe ? I do not know, but at least things are moving. That's a good news.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Why has Bose ditched internet radio for Tunein  a proprietory technology and not open as internet radio?

Tunein wants a subscription I am not prepared to pay.

I am not happy, I bought a Wave IV and additional speaker last year and was planning on buying more for other rooms in my house. BOSE has forced their way on its customers who bought the products on good faith for what services we wanted. Is there any way to roll back to internet radio and the old app and make this permanent?

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Please update when you have a reply. I can see from here most of he Bose users are extremely unsatisfied. Bring back internet radio Bose or buy back our equipment!