Georges Heyen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

Words. This are words when we expect actions, or better, solutions.

You should not decide what will make me happy.

I do not care having access to 100000 radio stations : I only WANT to listen to five of them, with a good quality. But this is not possible anymore.

A simple solution exists : allow your customers to define the stream URL . This is not a technical issue, I am sure that Bose has the qualified technical staff to do it fast and well. Some of your competitors (e.g. Sonos) provide the option.

So this is a management decision : do you care about your customer satisfactioon of not ?

simon@kemp.se
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

I have various radio stations that do work on tune in and others that just time out.

It was perfect before the switchover.

I can give details If need be but will do it when asked.

Not a good "upgrade" in my opinion.
christophc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

A real downgrade !!!!

Luve
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I am really unhappy!!  Bose forced TuneIn on my soundtouch.  Now I can't listen to some of my favourite radios in Belgium (e.g.: PureFM).

If Bose decides which radio and content I should hear I will for sure turn to a more open radio provider. At least you should have an open door for radios that are not enrolled in TuneIn.  Freedom is at risk otherwise (should we have left TuneIn decide if radio london could be broadcasted during World War II ?).  

My (simple) request is therefore: please review your approach and add a possibility to listen to self selected radio streams by manually entering (and saving) URL (e.g.: https://www.static.rtbf.be/radio/purefm/m3u/pure-aac.pls).  It seems that Sonos and Squeezebox already have that basic functionnality...

paudux
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 11, 2018

Worked Monday morning, didn't work Tuesday, no notification untill checking the support site.  Tune in may work in the US or Europe but what about the rest of the world, our most popular stations are missing and Tunein's response is that they are not adding new stations. I've put up with the fact that past downgrades resulted in my DLNA server no longer working, now the radio has also stopped, and no I don't want to listen to foreign stations or just the minor local stations. 

Bose should inform perspective buyers that local radio stations and most DLNA music server are not supported, unless the Soundtouch range is being phased out, again consmers should be informed.

Bose please fix, provide the ability to add URL's or warn consumers and point them to Sonos, Denon, Yamaha, Samsung etc. This is just not good enough, I've made a reasonable investment in Bose Soundtouch and it's value is deminishing with each downgrade.

I've historically liked and supported Bose (speakers, Lifestyle systems, SA5, Soundtouch 20 etc) but not being able to use them as intended is the last straw, warranty claim or maybe our National Consumer watchdog should get involved. 

Someone else has suggested owners post reviews to warn others before they buy, and I'm inclined to do the same,  nothing like being cheated out of $$$ to motivate people to look elsewhere. These are likely to be my Bose purchases, I won't recommend them again, and just hope I can get something back secondhand, pity Bose was once a good brand.

Flip McVicker
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Hi, I'll keep it short and sweet.

1. Your customers are not happy with what you have done. TunedIn does not provide what many people need.

2. It seems that most people want the flexibility to add their own stream urls. That's certainly technically possible, as your rivals can do it.

3. You need to correct this. We've paid $$$ for our products, you've made them worse overnight.

4. You keep stating the TunedIn is 'better'. We disagree.

Please fix it. The only reason I can think of for you not to fix this problem, is you've signed a commercial agreement with TunedIn, that guarantees them radio exclusivity. And that would be making your customers unhappy for the sake of commercial expediency.

We paid for a premium product. We paid for speakers which had flexible internet radio functionality. I for one, either want the functionality back, or the money back.

Chefinspecteur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Bose,

You totally ruined the soundtouch idea, congratulation. Well done.

Bring back vTuner. Or at least the option to add own URL's.

Streaming quality of TuneIn is poor, for this I do not need  Bose speakers.

Listen to your customers and respond with an update. Now.

Angry regards from Switzerland.

mikeym666
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

The UK station are on TuneIn, so search again and re-save to favourites.

ClickSte
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

luluLOFT (or Lulu.fm Loft, depending on where you read the description!) 

JimF
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

All CBS radio stations moved from TuneIn to Radio.com a couple months ago. The station my wife likes, WCBS 880 from New York, was still available through Internet Radio but no longer. 

Bose hasn't added a new service to Soundtouch in ages so it's unlikely Radio.com will ever be included. But, as others have mentioned, adding the ability to include a custom url will solve this problem. Please do this asap.