CptDobey
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

30 pages in English here.

21 in French there : https://community.bose.com/t5/Enceintes-SoundTouch/Derni%C3%A8res-nouvelles-informations-concernant-...

18 in Deutsch : https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Lautsprecher/Update-20-November-Informationen-%C3%BCber-Tun...

Why do I have the feeling that Bose just don't give a fck about it?

Of course, I can understand it takes some time to create an update to fix the issue. Once done it has to go through a long quality control process (insert laughs here), then it has to be released world-wide...

But, a simple official statement such as: We are aware of the issue. We are working on a fix. It will be released in X days / weeks... whatever... This can be enough, and give us the feeling that Bose DOES really care about us, the Customers.

Another article about this issue:

https://radiovisie.eu/bose-verslikt-zich-in-switch-van-vtuner-naar-tunein/

The Site wonder why a six months old article is getting much attention these days... It is about TuneIn and its decision to do not add any new radio and why some Networks do not want to work with TuneIn:

https://radiovisie.eu/tunein-laat-geen-nieuwe-radiostations-meer-toe/

Both are in Dutch, but the google translate is enough to understand them.

Bodger
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

Dear BOSE. Please speak up we can't hear you.

Do you intend to address this issue or is it a lost cause for us customers who thought they paid for an internet radio.

Please don't keep us in suspense. State your intentions.

GHartman
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Looking for Antenne Bayern, listen to it from internet radio (here in Virginia), not supported by TuneIn

Also, Queer Radio Live from Berlin Germany is not supported by TuneIn, but available from internet radio 

charlieejn
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

So we now have over 300 replies to the original message and NOTHING from Bose. I don't understand how such a big, well-respected company can care so little about their customers.

I've come up with a temporary solution. I bought a Google Chromecast Audio for $20 in the Black Friday sales. I've plugged it in to the Aux In port, so I can at least get internet streaming radio without having to use Bluetooth. It's not an ideal solution because I can no longer just press one of the preset buttons and I have to turn on the SoundTouch as well as opening and internet radio app (I'm using Radio FM) on my phone. I've also been using the Aux In for something else, so I keep having to swap it out until I spend more money on a good quality splitter, so I can plug both in at once.

Kashgar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 1, 2017

Bose should now provide clear response and communication to the community 
1)  What do they plan to do ? . 

2) When do they expect to do it ?  

User have the right to know.  If this problem is taken into account, if a roll-back is planned, or if they will develop a patch or if the solution will come from an update of the tunein interface allowing to register internet radio flows.  Or eaven if they wonn't do anything because of this or this ...  But we have the right to know.  And we have the right to know when do they estimate to apply it.  How long will we have to wait before that things are going to be better (1 day, 1 week, 1month, 1 year, more ?)... I can still live with one day but not with one month....

On addition, I would like to know : 

1) When is planned the end of production of the soundtouch speakers ?  (No more device is produced anymore by bose)

2) When do they plan the end of maintenance of the soundtouch speakers ? (No more patching, and update of bose application)

3) When do they plan the end of support on those device? (No more answer to question related to issues)

4) When is planned the end of life of those speakers ? (No more service available : internet radio, tunein, spotify, etc...)

Bose has a New connected speaker ... which is not compatible with the soundtouch ... Does this new connected speaker encounter the same issue as the soundtouch ? 

Ptero
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 3, 2017

As many had already pointed out, there are a lot of radio stations that are not available on TuneIn. But this is not even the full story. There are radio stations that are available on the "free tunein app" that anybody can install on a smarphone but, the very same stations are not available in the built-in tunein function provided by the Bose app (this is the case for many Italian radio stations, for instance).

So, it seems, the Tunein function provided by Bose is a diminished version of "standard" TuneIn. Given that people are complaining that TuneIn alone is not enough I really support the idea that unhappy consumers should do their best to warn potential Bose customers of the risk the will be bearing, would they buy any Bose product connected to the Internet.

Scottomatic
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

The stations that are on TuneIn are dramatically poor audio quality, delayed by several minutes from the station owner's publicly available stream, and have commercials overlaid. Awful. 

Please leave on honest review of the product on merchant's website. 

charlieejn
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

By the way, you can send a direct message to Jason_G. Click on his name (from a post or under the thread title on the forum page) to bring up his profile, then you'll see a "Send Message" option. If a few people do it, maybe we'll get a response.

Minos46a
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Eddieca
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Missing Auckland New Zealand radio station “ZM”. Please fix.