Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Restoring the internet radio which met the advertised functionality is the best solution. Why should it be my job to hunt for radio stations’ urls. Sounds like more customer pain. I chose Bose over Harmon (which I think has a nicer richer sound) because if the internet radio feature offered by Bose.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Sure, Bose might d legally protected, but what about being customer-centric.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Add stations from South Africa. Location is empty. South Africa: Highveld 947, Five FM, Chai FM, Jacaranda FM, Radio 2000, 702. Lebanon: Mix FM.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2016

The thing that amezes me most is the fact Bose is rolling out such major change without conducting a detailed research and analysis. Every startup knows to run a competitive analysis before switching to a new platform or tool set yet, Bose went ahead and released such change. Must be blinded by $$$$.... This is not the Bose we used to know......
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Please add Kapa Radio 99.1 (Kona Hawaii) to the list of missing channels from Tunein.  I have listened to this station every day for 4 years and suddenly it disappears.  Then I call customer service because the software is caught in an infinite loop trying to update (apparently a known issue) and during the call I am told all the old internet radio chanels are in TuneIn - that it is the same thing and I just need to find it. Not a true statement !  I reached out to TuneIn when I could not find it and they say they don't have the station due to "Broadcaster Requests" (Whatever that means - total BS).  Didn't Bose check to see if all the existing stations offered where available before signing with TuneIn.  Shouldn't you be able to provide your customer service reps with a list of stations that are not available that were under the old internet radio. Not Good - Bose really dropped the ball on this one. 

When can I expect to have Kapa available again?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

@Joel_D wrote:

We want you and all Bose customers to be fully satisfied.  We hope that you will continue to use your SoundTouch speaker with a variety of available content and await our updates and station additions.

However, if you are truly unhappy with the product and experience, Please contact your local Bose customer service team so we can address your specifics concerns. 

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support

@Joel_D @Jason_G

Joel - I have done what you suggest. I’ve emailed my local team, no response. I’ve telephoned the local number which got me to an overseas call centre who don’t understand the Consumer Guarantee Act here in New Zealand. 

There are no NZ updated stations on TuneIn so all I have are expensive Bluetooth speakers.

The retailer I purchased my Bose products has ceased trading (Associated Audio) so how can I return my equipment as no longer fit for purpose?

Regards

Mark

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2018

Hi all,

I am a French customer, and I can confirm we have exactly  the same issues here.

The decision taken by BOSE to impose the use of TuneIn for connecting to the radios is not acceptable. The audio quality is not that good, and a lot of stations are absent.

We are all of us very disatisfied by this decision .. At the moment I purchased my BOSE II, the deal was clear, and it was possible to connect the system easily with all stations. Today it's not anymore the case, and BOSE does'nt respect the initial "contract".

I do not believe that BOSE can change strategy today. I imagine there is a strong financial deal between BOSE and TuneIn ... because BOSE guaranty a large population of BOSE owner to be TuneIn captive. 

The best that BOSE could do would be to refund a part of the ST cost to the buyer in order to compensate the loss ... Not sure neitheir that BOSE could be opened to such solution.

Anyway, the problem is a Worldwide issue to be solved by BOSE. 

Regards,

DominiqueB

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2018

Hello, Is there any progress with regards to the access to Belgian RTBF radios through TuneIn? Thank you
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Bigg0070,

Thanks for the question.  We are working to get RTBF added so that our customers can again enjoy them.

As soon as we have any updates, we will notify the community.

Thank you for your patience,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Brandon

• You thank us for our patience. This is odd, as I see very little sign of patience on this forum of late. And there are good reasons for that.

Bose management are either not letting you guys tell us what is going on, or not even telling you either.  Keeping your customers in ignorance is NOT a good plan. For all I know teams of senior (and junior) Bose people may be working day and night to fix the many problems that the company’s untested and largely unplanned migration to TuneIn caused. But, other than anodyne comments, we are told nothing definite. We are given no idea of the timescale of possible solutions - hours? days? weeks? or even months? - and even when problems are solved, you don’t necessarily tell us!

For instance, the move to TuneIn caused me one problem, which I reported more than once, both to you and to TuneIn. One of my favourites was still claimed to be available, but when I went to it, the graphic for the right radio station appeared, but the music playing came from a completely different type of radio station. It didn’t help that I loathed the music!

Bose indicated that this kind of problem was being raised with TuneIn. TuneIn said specifically they had raised it with Bose (which seemed silly to me).

So every few days I checked the station, which should have been playing Mozart, and got awful pop music.   Till just now, when Lo and Behold, Radio Mozart was back.

Great, and thanks to whoever fixed it. And how was I supposed to know? 

If you don’t tell anyone when you fix smaller problems, nobody will know - and most people will assume you are doing nothing when their own problems are not yet fixed.

Get real, Bose! Your customers - and the ones who come on forums tend to be opinion formers and opinion leaders - are mad as a bag full of hornets, and with good reason. Your managers need to spend some time not just on fixing this disaster, but on SHOWING that you are fixing it.

Unlike some, I don’t think Bose management are bad people, just people who have made a very stupid mistake and don’t want to talk about it much.

Own up, and for goodness sake tell us what you are doing!! Or let your forum moderators tell us.

Treating your customers (or your staff) like mushrooms never goes well.