Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hello, 

adding my voice & frustration to the army of frustrated SoundTouch users who all of a sudden cannot direct-access their internet radio stations any longer.

This feature was the reason for my purchase! The units are mere useless to me now.

This must be reversed or my Bose boatanchors will land in the Hudson River (if it wasn’t for the pollution).

https://www.ndr.de/resources/metadaten/audio_ssl/m3u/ndr2_nds.m3u

https://www.ndr.de/resources/metadaten/audio_ssl/m3u/ndrinfo_nds.m3u

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Since the latest update was installed in November, I have lost 2 of my favourite internet radio stations, and they are not available on Tune In.  The stattions that I have lost are: Golden Oldies Power 101, and Entranced.  Gutted :-(. BTW: I am in the UK.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

To echo another contributor: KING-FM (Seattle) Christmas channel, although by the time you get around to it the channel may have gone to sleep for another 10 months. I know it was available on Internet Radio last season. Listening to it right now on Bluetooth.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

Forget about stations. 

The **bleep** crap app won't even stay connected. Start a station, walk away once it starts and within a few minutes it just stops and disconnects as soon a one song finishes. Take a look to see what's up and the app. just says ready to play. Joke. 

I've been in the development bus for a number of years. I'd fire any team that launched such a mess without first vetting the update. Forget that fact they arbitrarily change the content to an infirior set of stations. The app doesn't even work properly. A total rooky move from a company the size of Bose is unacceptable. Especially when its customers pay top dollar for the equipment. Do you think they could at least pretend to be a good company?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Absolute radio 90s is not available for me now, so thanks for adding tunein which is utter rubbish. I am British living in the US and purchased a number of SoundTouch devices to listen to UK radio which I can no longer do.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

@pwatkins wrote:

The **bleep** crap app won't even stay connected. Start a station, walk away once it starts and within a few minutes it just stops and disconnects as soon a one song finishes. Take a look to see what's up and the app. just says ready to play. Joke.

Not sure what you mean by this. Once the app has started an Internet stream on the device, it doesn't need your PC or phone to keep running.

Where this IS a problem is when you are feeding it from your PC's own library (iTunes or WMP). My Windows 10 machine sleeps after 10 minutes and the music abruptly stops. I have to remember to run a keep-awake app like insomnia. I really should have complained to Bose about this earlier, but it only takes a single API call to keep the system awake while running music from the Soundtouch Music Server app.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2017

I am trying to find a radio station that is listed in vTuner but I can't find on my Bose app.

A couple months ago I updated the software for my Sound Touch 10 speakers.

Since that time I have lost the radio station I used to listen to (KMGR - found as KUTC 95.7 on vTuner).

It is nowhere to be found on any of the Bose apps.

Any thoughts on getting this station restored?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2017

I would like to have KMGR added to the list of stations TuneIn carries.

I have sent TuneIn an email.

Anything else I can do?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

When Will the Custom URL define and save them to Preset buttons function be Avaliable ?