Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

Re: 12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Streams above 192Khz are not supported? Why?!? Do you understand people like us who spend this amount of money for your speakers are audiophiles?
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

While I am still unhappy with Bose, 192Khz limit is not unreasonable. Many recording studios sample at 96Khz, and only a few at 192Khz. Both of these sampling frequencies move the Nylquist frequency sufficiently above the human hearing range. The other parts of the equation are: 1. the number of bits that are transmitted at the frequency in question, and 2. The quality of the DAC (Digital to Analogue) converter in the soundtouch, 3. the quality of the amplifier in the soundtouch, 4. the quality of the speakers in use, and 5. the impedence curve of the speakers and the ability of the amplifier to drive the speakers.

Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

@linda griff

ABC RN is already available from Tunein. As to timezone ABC station like RN, Classic FM are all only available in the Eastern state time zone be AEST or as the case at the momemt AEDT.

Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

My bad. For some reason I was thinking of kbps. Sorry about that
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2015

I just updated the app and added RTBF Classic 21 radio URL. Works like a charm! Smiley Happy

Thank you Bose for taking your clients serious.

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Billy,
What update you are about ?
Regards
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

Just launch the SoundTouch app. It will update
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 11, 2018

New app works a treat, I can add missing stations and as a result the delay is also reduced. There may be life in these Soundtouch devices yet 🙂

Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Still no luck with a CBS owned station like WXRT in Chicago.

I hope bose is enjoying the few bucks they saved making this change. But they will never get any more from me. I am so tired of bose promissing stuff and not delivering but when the take stuff away that is just to much. My lifesyle 650 is a nice system. Most advanced bose sells right now. But several years behind in current tech. I should have know better when i bought this system.

And it is early 2019 where is airplay 2? I wonder if we will ever see that.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello mpf541@icloud.com,

Thanks for the posts.

I just want to clarify with you, are you unable to locate your favorite stations in the TuneIn portion of the SoundTouch app, as well as being unable to add it using the new custom URL option?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support