Mar 1, 2019

Re: 01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

That works great thanks mate

Joker_50
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

I really miss vTuner. The radio statiosn I asked to be added weeks ago still are not in the system. When you use the search feature for a geographic area it produces little in the way of real radio stations. Probably would be fine for those who just want to listen to the local fire stations. Seems to be a lot of those

A side by side comparison would make TuneIn look very poor. I just hope Bose saved a ton of money. This has been a very poor customer experience

Cheers

Hi Joker,

Im sorry to hear your not happy with this. Have you tried the Customer URL Station within the Soundtouch application. This allows you to find the URL of the radio station you love listening to, and set this as a preset. I know it's not ideal but its a great way to listen to that specific station that you enjoy.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Joker_50
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Good Evening Brandon

I have, and it seems that I have to program each of my SoundTouch devices as setting it up on one does no flow to the others. As a technology services professional I find this to be a horrible work around to a problem so simple to solve. Go back to where everyone was happy.

I feel like I am at the airport being forced to use a kiosk to rebook due to a flight cancelation since there are no humans to talk too at the counter... It has been said before and I am saying this quite calmly - why am I doing the research for a product that used to work so that the company that I purchased it from can feel better about itself.

I would be happy to meet Bose half way. It's simple Bose should create an app that we can all use that will scour the internet for the stations of our choosing and have it display the URL that we need to use. Then at least we wouldnt be spending a substantial amount of time trying to find the radio stations we like.There numerous posts where folks are asking for help trying to find that special radio station they cant find.

I doubt we will ever get the ability to search nationally or internationally like we could before.

Brandon as a consumer, I choose to use products that work for me. So given that line of thought when my Bose products wear out I will seek out a much less expensive competitors product to use and move on.

Cheers

SimonHP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Hi,

Given that I have the latest software on my SoundTouch and the current app on my Sumsung Tablet.

When I display the pre-saved channels pre-saved channels on the application

Then the channels assigned to Tunein stations are currently and incorrectly displayed as blank

If I search for and re-save one of the channels, then all the other presets re-appear.

This bug is not what I would expect from a 'premium product' (or at least it was a premium product when I bought it - unfortunately now it is rather less of a premium product and more of a lemon.)

Can you let me know when a fix will be available.

Regards

Simon

I understand Simon. Lets work on this issue your having with the presets disappearing.

• Have you tried logging out of the application and back in?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the application?
  • Which version of Android are you operating on your Samsung tablet?

Kind Regards

Brandon_C

SimonHP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Hi Brandon,

Android 7.1.1

Samsung Experience version 8.5

Build: NMF26X.T5500XXU1CQJ6

The issue occurs after the app has been started under Android after a reboot or after the application has been closed down and restarted.

I have reinstalled the app after your suggestion.

On loading the app after the re-install, a prompt indicated that the app is out of date, however I am using the app from the Play Store.

The Google play store does say the app is not optimized for the device.

After a reload of the app, the presets did all appear. I will see if this re-occurs.

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon, 

Thank you for your reply! 

I would recommend deleting the app and reinstalling directly from our website to make sure you have the most recent application for your tablet. 

If you click HERE it will take you directly to the download page. 

I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

markathome
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I’m getting the same problem of empty presets. I’m running iPad and iPhone iOS. 

I close down the app and start again then populated once more. A random fault that does repeat itself. 

And as I’ve already posted recently, new radio stations are unavailable on tune in and the station website doesn’t have a compatible url to stream. Magic talk in New Zealand. 

Still frustrating that Bose are incapable of owning up to this problem and come up with a satisfactory solution that is simple to use. Something like vtuner would work 😛