12/14 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Hi Joel, 

Could you check "Noticias MVS" radio station in Mexico city. In TuneIn app in the sound touch give an error when try to play, but in app in iPhone play with out problem. 

thanks in advance.

Audible Advocate

Please add Radio Margaritaville North Carolina United States North America. Thanks

Friendly Fanatic

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello All,

Thank you for the continued requests.

We are updating development daily with all the requests.  Please also let us know what region you're located in when requesting a station.

Any new information will be posted at the beginning of this thread.

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Hello Joel,

I am still waiting for www.wiccaradio.net to be added to the tunein system, I have requested this station since the very beginning of the transfer.

I am listening in Canada.

Thank you for your assistance.

Plus - when will there be the ability to add a url for stations as was noted by you last week?

Friendly Fanatic

Please reinstate Blues Radio Athens

https://streema.com/radios/Blues_Radio

In the UK

Friendly Fanatic

Dear moderator,

Dear moderator,

Still almost half of the radiostations in Belgium are missing at TuneIn. And since you are not going to compensate this financially or so, can you please send your customers some lubricant to endure what your company keeps on doing to them?

Some vague kind of regards,

Peter

Friendly Fanatic

I would like to know if any of our requests to add stations has actually been acted on and are now available or whether like the United Nations G20 negotiations it will take a long long time and in the end nothing is acheived. 

Will anybody from Bose tell us that they cannot add stations because of Geo-Blocking or that the stations refuse to be added to TuneIn as they are not willing to pay the fees or that negotiations will take years...

So has anybody successfully had a station added???????

Audible Advocate

Hi Joel,

I LIve in Canda and I spoke to Joseph and gave my stations to be added.  He said he get back to me in two weeks.  It is now almost two weeks and I have not heard from Bose.

Please advise when the following stations will be added:

4Lobos Konkani Radio Station

4Lobos pop & Oldies Radios Station

4Lobos Bollywood Radio

Regards,

4Lobos

Silent Starter

Hi Jason, all,

I just unpacked my new Bose SoundTouch to find out that the vTuner is not available and the stations I would like to listen are not available via TuneIn. There is also no way of adding steam URLs manually (some of your competitors allow to do that).

The stations I'm interested in are Polish stations:

- Polskie Radio 3 (Trojka)

- Radio Ram 89.8 Wroclaw

Could they please made available, I live in the UK.

I think that the best long term solution is to provide a means to be able to add stream URLs. There will always be stations missing and such requests will never end.

thanks

Wojciech

Quiet Contributor

My favorite internet radio station is KPCC. This and my other favorite internet stations are no longer available on Soundtouch, I have seen a lot of the posts. It still shows up in my favorites but when I select it I get a message that says " hmm.. can't play that right now try again later". I have tried again later dozens of times and it is always the same result. It was fine until I was forced to use tunein after a software "update". Very oddly the very first station that shows up under tunein is KPCC! See below screenshot. I can stream it from my phone but cannot play both my Wave radio and my Soundtouch 20 now at the same time via bluetooth so I have my Wave radio tuned to the broadcast FM station and bluetooth to my speaker but they are always out of synch as I walk from room to room. 

I am thinking I have made a terrible mistake by believing that internet radio would always be supported by Bose. I paid a lot of money for my speaker and the Wave radio so I really can't do what everyone suggests and just get Sonos to work around the Bose bull**bleep**. I grew up in the shadow of The Mountain in Framingham and lusted after 901's in my youth. I'd drive up there and drink beer on Friday nights. My next door neighbor worked for Bose, friends worked there, I have always had such great respect. I made that purchase to celebrate my 60th birthday and now feeling screwed. Tunein support: useless. They told me about KPCC "Unfortunately, due to broadcaster's request, this station is unavailable in our directory." Please tell me how I can roll back to the old software.

This message will not accept the screenshot

Friendly Fanatic

So as requested I logged a ticket with Bose support 2 weeks ago and as I suspected would happen - absolutely bugger all! No update, no requested station added, not even a simple update that the ticket is being worked on.

As per many of the comments on here I have no faith that Bose have any intention to correct the missing stations or restore the missing functionality that the disastrous upgrade removed.

BTW my Sonos is great, not missed a beat and I have moved my soundtouch’s out of the living room, kitchen and man cave. I suspect Father Christmas will be delivering some more Sonos kit over the festive season.

Steve