Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

321 system

I have a 321 system with pre hdmi. The hdmi is connected from the LG Tv to the Fios One cable box. The bose is set for tv with this hookup. The opticle cable is on the tv and connected to the bose system. The Tv is set for opticle setting for no sound.  Volume not that loud from the Bose 321.

The cable box doesn't has an opticle cable connecttion this is why the Bose system  is on tv setting and not cbl/sat. The other cable comp provided a hook up of the opticle to the cable box and all was well. Is there another way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

Re: 321 system

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

I switched out the cable box with another one in the house that had a opticle connection. I then hooked up the tv to the fios box with HDMI  and then  hooked up an opticle cable cable from fios box to Bose 321 (pre hdmi). I changed the setting on the 321 from tv to cbl/sat.

Hopefully problem solved.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Hi Moredrums57, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

In regards to your query, unfortunately, your question isn't completely clear, but I will answer your question as best I can and welcome you to come back to me if I have got the understanding complete wrong. 

When you hook up your Bose system using an Optical connection to your TV, anything that you watch on the TV will come through on the Bose. There will be no need to hook up an additional Optical Cable to your Cable box. 

If you are experiencing low audio from your system, I would recommend checking that all your connections are secure. Are you using an adapter cable? This can sometimes affect the audio quality/ Volume. 

I hope this helps! If you need further clarification, please come back to us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Thanks for the quick responce. What setting on the bose should the smart  tv play thru since the optical is being used for max volume?

cbl/sat

aux

tv

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi More Drums, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us today. 

I would recommend that you have it set on TV. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

The volume is very  low with this connection. any reason why?

Highlighted

Hi Moredrums57, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us. 

When you switch the setting to the others that you have suggested above do you still get the low audio? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

This is a quote from the Bose manual:

"Note: In some models, when the TV’s internal speakers are turned off, you may need to turn
up the TV’s volume by 75% to 100% in order to hear audio from the 3•2•1 home
entertainment system. (See your TV owner’s guide for details.)"

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

Still having same issues.

Any other suggestions?

Highlighted

Hi Moredrums57, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please confirm if you attempted all three settings? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

I switched out the cable box with another one in the house that had a opticle connection. I then hooked up the tv to the fios box with HDMI  and then  hooked up an opticle cable cable from fios box to Bose 321 (pre hdmi). I changed the setting on the 321 from tv to cbl/sat.

Hopefully problem solved.

View solution in original post