Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2020

6153 Error when trying to use Sirius XM on SoundTouch

I have a new SoundTouch Link Adapter for my Lifestyle V35 unit and everything on it works fine except trying to use my Sirius XM account. Pandora works fine. I am able to connect via bluetoth and use XM through my phone but I can not do it through the SoundTouch app and use WiFi with the link adapter. I can add the account but then nothing happens. I try searching for a channel and it tells me hmm we cant connect to that music service right now. Please try again later. (6153). I've been trying all morning and I get the same error. I tried logging out of my XM account and my SoundTouch account. I've updated both apps and the link adapter. What else should I try?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: 6153 Error when trying to use Sirius XM on SoundTouch

Hi JBlava, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with Xm and your SoundTouch system. I'll do my best to assist you!

Can you tell me if you have a premium account for XM? 

I would recommend removing XM from your SoundTouch application and trying to add it again. You can do this by heading to the settings menu on the SoundTouch application and selecting 'Music Service'> SiriusXM > Edit > Delete. You can follow the same steps to add it again.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Hello,

Yes i have a premium account. I get online streaming on my phone just fine.

I removed and reinstalled and I have the same issue.

What should I try next?

Highlighted

Hey @JBlavk,

Thanks for trying that - It's quite strange that your account is not being recognized.

Are you currently running a promotion Sirius XM account which is currently in the trial period? There may be an issue with the SoundTouch app recognizing your account if so.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2020

No it’s not a trial account that I am aware of. I call every year to negotiate pricing and they give me a promotional discount but it’s still a full fledged account. I have no problems accessing music online or via the Xmas app.