Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

802.1x enterprise level security compatible speakers

Are there any Bose brand wireless speakers compatible with 802.1x enterprise level security? I called their support and they told me the Soundtouch 10, 20, or 30 but based on the conversation I don't think they even understood what I was asking. A response to another post in 2017 says the 10 is not compatible. Has anything changed since then?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: 802.1x enterprise level security compatible speakers

Hi avn13,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you are looking at our Wi-Fi streaming speakers, they are all designed to be used in a home network environment so you might have some trouble getting them working on an enterprise network as they weren't designed to be used on one. 

However, we do have some settings that you can check against your enterprise network to see if you can use the speakers with your network. If you have these settings enabled, or are able to enable them on your network, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to use any of our Wi-Fi speakers from the SoundTouch range or Smart Home range on your network, but I couldn't guarantee the speakers will work correctly.

The full list of our recommended router settings can be found HERE, as well as some extra information about the network ports the systems use HERE.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!