Highlighted
Cubiche
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

ACR and optical connection (no sound)

Sound bar 300 Sony tv 4 K.  when I plug in the ACR cable and the optical for a turn table. I do not get any sound out through the system. If I unplug the optical cable it works.  I guess it cant detect which input 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cubiche
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Re: ACR and optical connection (no sound)

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

i solved my issue by simply installing a smart plug to my RCA to optical plug converter. This allows me to turn the optical signal on and off through my phone and or Alexa and I don’t have to be taking the cable in and out of the Sound bar.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Cubiche,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

You are correct, the soundbar is not capable of determining which input is being used, out of the HDMI and Optical, when both are plugged in. You would want to have only one of the HDMI or Optical cables connected at a time, to get the soundbar to work correctly.

I hope this helps clarify this for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Cubiche
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Cubiche
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

i solved my issue by simply installing a smart plug to my RCA to optical plug converter. This allows me to turn the optical signal on and off through my phone and or Alexa and I don’t have to be taking the cable in and out of the Sound bar.

View solution in original post

Hello Cubiche, 

Thanks for reaching back out today. 

I am so glad that you have resolved your issue. I am going to mark your response as the 'Accepted Solution' to help others who may be having the same issue. 

Do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W