APP is a disaster to use with Spotify...

Silent Starter

APP is a disaster to use with Spotify...

I had really held out hope for this system. I quite like how (unlike Sonos) the system has bluetooth and hardwire capabilities. Unfortunately, the most important feature is a disaster (in my opinion).  Part of the whole convenience of subscribing to a music streaming system is organizing how you listen and use music.  Through the Bose App, as far as I can tell, you can't property use Spotify if you chose itas your music subscription. You can't add songs to a playlist, you can put a song "up next", you can't even fast forward a song you are playing (these are just a few of the issues).  The sound quality is great, but I will be returning this system back to where I bought it.  Please fix this issue and make it so you can simply use the music subscription app with the speaker system.

6 REPLIES
Animated Arbiter

Re: APP is a disaster to use with Spotify...

Hello,

You CAN use the native Spotify app using Spotify Connect which then allows you to Wifi the music to the Bose system but still use all of the feature of the original Spotify interface.

I use the Spotify app for longer listening sessions on a day off at home so i can use queing and then use the Bose app or the presets for quick use in the morning say for example if im going out to work and only going to listen to a couple of songs.

It is easy to switch between the 2 though because they both sync up.

Silent Starter

Great news! Thank you for the help. How do you toggle between the two apps? 

Silent Starter

I tried this and it wouldn't allow me to play more than one speaker at a time that way.

Still doesn't work for me!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Hello,

Just use the Bose app to group whichever speakers you want then switch to Spotify and it will then play through the group, pretty easy.

Thanks

Silent Starter

Sounds easy but when I group them with the Bose App, as soon as I switch to Spotify, it only works through one speaker at a time - any suggestions?

Hi mike_bones

That's interesting. With my systems at home, I'm able to start playing music to one system in the Spotify app, then switch over to SoundTouch and "Play All" to all systems.  From there I can go back to the Spotify app and change tracks/albums/whatever.  You're saying that when you set "Play All" and switch back over to Spotify, play all stops?  What if you use Spotify on your smartphone, and the SoundTouch app on a computer on your network?  Does the same thing happen?

Thanks,

Brandon