Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Absolutely Useless after Updates

Absolutely useless Soundtouch 20 and soundtouch 10 - worked fine until after updating the speakers and the app. The app refused to find my speakers so I tried to start from scratch - after a day and a half of trying I reset the speakers to factory settings and deleted and re-installed the app. Now both the speakers and the app are useless - the app stalls at naming the speaker so, as a result, won't recognise it and tells me to try later. Because it's not recognised properly I can't even use it with bluetooth and the factory reset obviously deleted my presets so I now have two very expensive ornaments. To add insult to injury the Bose web-site doesn't have a way of complaining about them and they're out of warranty so I can't go back to the shop either - frustrated as f**k!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Absolutely Useless after Updates

Hi lorettocourt,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

When the setup process stalls after naming the speakers, this usually means that the app software version and speaker firmware version are too far apart. As you mentioned this starting after updating both the app and the speakers, I'd recommend checking that the update to the speakers has gone through correctly by manually updating them.

You can perform the manual update by following the steps shown at these links for the SoundTouch 10 and SoundTouch 20. With the SoundTouch 20 you will want to make sure you have the right update file for your model of SoundTouch 20, so it's worth double-checking this with our Product Identifier to ensure you get the correct update file.

I find the update method using the USB cable to be the easiest way to perform the manual update, so I would recommend using that method first!

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Hi - this does not work. First of all the update website kept timing out but I kept trying and it eventually connected and I have updated the speakers manually as you suggested and both the app and my IOS are up to date as well. The speakers reboot and they connect to my home network fine - solid white lights - and the app even recognises that they are on my network and are now named 'Living Room' and 'Landing' but the app will not connect to the speakers so they cannot be set up - and are still expensive ornaments - very frustrating that I'm having to jump through hoops for a supposed quality product. It wouldn't have been so bad if I could have left them when they were working fine but your app - which I'm convinced is the problem here - insists on updating far too frequently 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Further update - the soundtouch 10 has now been found and has been set up using the app but the app will still not connect to the soundtouch 20. The app recognises it's on the network but won't let me set it up