Acoustimass 300 - Loud scratching/popping noise

Audible Advocate

Re: Acoustimass 300 - Loud scratching/popping noise

Good bye Bose and Hello Sonos??.... 

The sad thing is that I really like the design of Bose products a lot better than Sonos... 

Argh... The more I think and talk about it, the more upset it makes me.. -_- 

I wonder whether they can allow additional period for refund, e.g. more than store policy of 30 days and possibly from Bose directly, until they sort the issue out? 

But then again, it could be hardware problem which may not be fixed... 

Quiet Contributor

Just an update.

So after reading one of the earlier comments on possibly having interference with my WiFi signal I decided to unplug my living room node. I have a mesh whole home WiFi system installed (lynksis velop).

I was playing music using Bluetooth right before I unplugged the WiFi node and the popping/ scratching and cutting out problem was there. I left the music playing and directly after I unplugged the WiFi node the problem stopped! No more popping/scratching noise or cutting out happening any more as of now.

I am going to relocate the WiFi node and hopefully not have the problem anymore. Just and FYI. I had the WiFi node about 12 inches behind the soundbar.

Hope this helps everyone.
Audible Advocate

I'm glad the fix worked for you.

The problem with me is that I can't possibly relocate the router or the tv/Bose.
And it is not even that close (1 meter?).

It's surprising that the signal gets interrupted and the sound quality is affected with router and wifi signals.

It's not as if Bose would've only tested the products in a sealed room with Bose products only and without any other signal interference.

I don't get it...
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I don't have a mesh network.. my router is in another room all completely.. funny thing is that I have a st120 in that room (wireless connected) no issues what so ever...
Quiet Contributor

A couple months ago I bought the SoundTouch 300 soundbar and the acousticmass 300 subwoofer they were both connected via wireless playing solid until yesterday. I noticed a random popping on the subwoofer. The soundbar and subwoofer are 2feet apart one from each other.
I tried to connect both with one 2.5mm jack cable and seems to solve the problem but I don't want to keep the cable because I can't hide it. I'm gonna leave the cable for now to see if it stills playing solid.
Any suggestions on how to put them back to wireless without having the popping noise?
Quiet Contributor

Having the same issue. I have returned the first AM300 and exchanged it for another. Still have the deep popping noise.  I have moved the sub to 5 different locations without success (each time I recalibrated using the ADAPTIQ).  

Bose, what is the fix, the whole point of buying was because it was wireless.

Thanks,

Chad

Hi Chad,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.  Popping and scratching noise coming from the AM300 is almost entirely caused by wireless interference in the area.  Can you try positioning the AM300 closer to the soundbar?  Are there any wireless routers, cordless phones, or large electronic devices (aside from your TV, of course) near the AM300 and soundbar that you can move away?

Thanks,

Brandon

Quiet Contributor

Brandon,

I keep reading the same copy paste response.. "wireless Interference"
In my case, my access point is more than 40 feet away from the system in a whole different room. How can this still be happening.

Second, it is 2017 I'm going to guess 80% or more of house in America have wireless internet. How can you guys make a product (by your own admission) that is dependant on not having a wifi system close to it or it will not work properly.

I didn't see a disclaimer on the box neither was told by my sales person that it was necessary for my access point to be a mile away from the system to work as advertised (wireless).

Audible Advocate

My thoughts exactly.... 

I'm pretty sure close to 100% of homes that have interenet will have wifi.. 

It is not a 'true' wireless product... Just not something you would expect from a premium brand.. 

Not as if Bose would've done testing in a vacuum with no other signals going in and out, because that is just not practical in real life.. Right?.... Yes?... 

Quiet Contributor

I have tried every spot in my house and my router is on the second story, so not near my sub at all.  I feel the same way as these folks, I say that 100% of those that purchased the ST300 system have wifi in their homes. Seems the Bose team forgot to test that scenario. Waiting for answers.....