Shirish
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2019

Acoustimass 300 No Power

I have this Acoustimass 300 that I purchased about 10 months back. A week back, it just gave a beep and turned off when I was using it. Since then it is not powering on.

I located the nearest service center and the person just heard the problem and said that it must have shorted from inside and that standard repair cost for this type of problem is INR 14K + (which is more than 20% of device cost).

What I am worried about is this.......

He diagnosed the problem as if every second AM300 is having this problem. So wanted to check if that really is the case. (Before anybody says that this was a surge or something, please remember that my Soundtouch 300 was also ON at that time and so were so many other devices.)

How much of life can I expect of this speaker? If it keep conking off every 10 months then I would rather not spend any money on the repair and buy something that is reasonably priced.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Acoustimass 300 No Power

Hello Shirish,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your Acoustimass 300. 

Have you tried connecting your Acoustimass 300 to a different power outlet?

Do any LEDs illuminate on the back of the module when connected to power?

Please let us know, we would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Shirish
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2019

Thanks for your response.

I did all that and concluded that there was something wrong with the AM300.

Dropped it at a service center.

I wanted to know if this is a known problem with AM300. As I said earlier, the service center person diagnosed this over phone as if every other AM300 has this problem. And the repair is quite expensive.

Thanks

Shirish

Hi Shirish, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today! I am deeply sorry to hear that the steps provided above did not resolve this for you and the Bose India team deemed that the Bass Module needed to be sent in for service. This isn't an issue that I am personally aware of or have seen before. 

I am sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the cost of the repair and will forward this feedback on for you. Please do update us on the result of servicing your product. 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

DaveA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Well someone at Bose will be aware of the issue as the same happened to mine. It was sent off for repair and came back with a different issue. Then it was replaced and a few months later the new one developed a crackling sound at higher bass levels. I didn't even pursue a resolution. Dumped it at the local skip/recycling centre and bought a new soundbar/bass unit. It's not Bose and works a treat.