Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Acoustimass 300 has no power light

I have a ST300 system, with Acoustimass 300 and Invisible 300 speakers purchase in June 2018.  The AM300 is no longer putting out any sound and the status LED is off.  I have unplugged and waited and reset but the AM300 is completely dead.  I have tried different power sockets and cables but it does not power up.  It seems to be similar problem to other posts which required repair.  I tried calling service and repair number but due to COVID19 issue no service available.  I am concerned as my warranty will expire on 10 June 2020!

This seems to be a common problem please provide some advice.

I did a full factory reset of the system, installed the latest firmware, re-paired, etc (several times).  At this point the AM300 has a LED that slowly flashes both amber and white in sequence when the ST300 is powered on.  When the ST300 is powered off, the AM300 does a slow Amber flash for several minutes, then finally changes to a steady amber led.  The ST300 led status lights show white (connected) when powered up.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Acoustimass 300 has no power light

Hey @Sekulla,

I'm very sorry to hear of the situation with your Acoustimass 300 module. From what you've described, it seems the unit may need to be serviced. However, there is a way you can go about doing this by yourself during these busy times. Simply visit the Self-service option HERE. Let me know how you get on with that!

Out of curiosity, do you ever see a red LED show on the module?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the response.

In answer to your question, no there is no red light.  The LED is completely off at all times.  I also cannot access the link you suggested.  The HERE word has no link associated with it.

Highlighted

Apologies @Sekulla. The above link has been amended and should now be accessible. 🙂

Let us know if you have any further questions.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Hi Charlotte,

I tried the self service link and entered my serial number it said;

Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module

We’re sorry, but we cannot offer online assistance for your product at this time.

Please Contact Us for further assistance with your product. 

So not sure how I can repair myself.  As I said I tried all the usual troubleshooting solutions ie unplugging and resetting link etc but nothing works.  It seems completely dead, almost as if an internal fuse has blown or the internal power supply has failed.

I'm concerned as my 2 year warranty is due to expire in the next month, so I want to raise a ticket before that happens unless you assure me that it will be covered.

Highlighted

Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with this. I completely understand your concerns in regards to the warranty period.

Could you please confirm which country you are located in?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Hi Charlotte,

I'm in the UK and the item was bought from a BOSE shop in the UK

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this! Would you be able to try this on the UK version HERE.

If you are still unable to successfully enter the serial number, please reach out via private message on either Facebook or Twitter!