Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilC123
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Acoustimass 300 no led status light

Hi, I’ve had my Bose SoundTouch 300 and Bose acoustimass 300 module for nearly 2 years.. just tonight the status light on the acoustimass base module has gone off.. I’ve changed power cords, switched the system off for 2 minutes, still not on.. the lights on the soundtouch 300 bar are still ok.. how can I check if it’s working as I don’t think it is 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Acoustimass 300 no led status light

Author Accepted Answer selected by PhilC123

Hey PhilC123, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear your AM300 is not working. I would recommend visiting the link Jessie provided to discuss service. The team will be happy to help. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

86 REPLIES 86
PhilC123
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

I think it’s dead 🙄 I don’t understand how a quality product can fail in under 2 years without heavy use.. I’m guessing it only had a year warranty. Very disappointed 

Jessie_O

Hi PhilC123,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Acoustimass 300. I'll do all I can to point you in the right direction. 

I would suggest running AdaptiQ to see if your Bass is working. I have included instructions on how to do that HERE

If this is unsuccessful, it looks like you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps we would normally recommend. Therefore, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, Select your Country and scroll down to 'Contact US'. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
PhilC123
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Hi,

thank you for your reply, the AM300 bass module appears to have no power to it, led status light off, not showing up on my soundtouch app either, so I assume the AdaptiQ wouldn’t work either. I’m just shocked it’s broken in less than two years. I have no idea who to ask about getting it checked out or how much it’ll cost etc. Looking on here quite a few people have had similar issues so Bose must have a system in place? 

Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by PhilC123

Hey PhilC123, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear your AM300 is not working. I would recommend visiting the link Jessie provided to discuss service. The team will be happy to help. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

View solution in original post

PhilC123
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Hi,

thank you for your reply, I have now spoken to the technical assistance team and they have confirmed it needs repairing, luckily they have offered to do so at no cost, very nice of them, so now it’s being packaged up and sent off to Belgium. Should have it back in about 2 or 3 weeks. 
Thank you for all your help it’s been much appreciated. 

RobMacIver
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

I have the exact same issue. I'm so disaponted. Less than two years old, and not a cheap piece of kit!!  I understand that they have closed down all the Bose outlets in the UK, so I'm not sure who I can talk to to try and arrange to get it repaired?  Any ideas please? 

Warrick
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Acoustimass 300 no led status light

I have an accoustimass 300 paired with a 300 sound bar and I have no power to the init. I have swapped out the power leads although this doesn’t work either. I would welcome any advise. 

Tegan_M

Hi RobMacIver, 

I am very sorry to hear that you're facing this issue. If you have tried the troubleshooting suggested in this thread, then to please contact your local product support. 

You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need. Thank you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
SvenBE
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

I have the same issue from yesterday.

I have more then 5k € in bose bose products.

Full home cinema, stereo boxes and headsets

The subwoofer subwoofer suddenly failed yesterday after about 2 years.  I hope they help me out since this is a 900 € subwoofer at the time.

The soundtouch and surround speakers keep working.

I did all the troubleshooting with and without 3.5 mm cable and the headphone test.

The surround speakers connect but the sub does nothing.

I dont mind the 6 weeks waiting so I hope they can help me so the neighbour from 3 houses away can enjoy my bass again.