Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Acoustimass 300 stopped working, status: amber > white > red - what does this mean?

Hi,

My Acoustimass 300 has stopped producing sound. The unit powers up, the status light cycles: amber > white > red. What does this sequence mean please, it doesn't seem to match any of the "indicator activities" in the manual?

Note: When the soundbar is off the status on the sub shows solid amber. When the soundbar is unplugged the sub shows flashing amber (waiting to be paired?).

Things I've tried:
- Powering all speakers down, waiting, powering back up
- Attempting to pair the speakers (hold remote key "7" down)
- Checked for software udpates - none offered in the app, the update button is grey

Things I've not tried
- 35mm stereo cable, one is on order - if this works will it tackle the issue or work around it?

The soundbar and base are well located without objects in between. There are no potential sources of interference nearby. The speakers have been in the same position for the better part of three years and used daily without issue until now. The satellite speakers are further away and are fine.

Many thanks in advance,

Jim

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Acoustimass 300 stopped working, status: amber > white > red - what does this mean?

Hey Jim,

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Acoustimass 300, I will do all I can to help you! 

The red LED on the bass means a system error. In these cases, we would recommend service as there is likely a hardware fault. To do this, you will need to contact your local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to help! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!