Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Acoustimass 300 white+amber+red after last Bose update

Bose product name 

Acoustimass 300

Country

Canada

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

No need to reproduce it, the issue cannot be fixed even with a factory reset or a restart of the bass module.

Here is a video to show what is currently happening with the Acoustimass 300 status lights.  

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 

Ever since the last update issued by Bose. Updated my Soundtouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 at the same time using my Soundtouch app, thats when the sub stopped working and began flashing the different status lights. Yes, it worked perfectly before this.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Everything recommended. Soft reset. Factory reset. Unplugged it then plugged it back in. Tried to connect using a 3.5 mm audio cable to see if it'll work wired instead of wireless. Nothing has worked and continues to flash white amber and red.

I called Bose at 1 (800) 869-2114, spoke to Andy. He said I was to pay $150 USD to have the item sent in for 3 weeks to be worked on. He was very friendly but his solution was unacceptable. I simply can't be expected to pay this money to fix a problem I didn't cause, especially right now when funds are a bit tighter due to the global pandemic. Bose, please help me. I've been posting in another users thread about the same problem they're also having, but you haven't responded. I don't know what else to do or who else to contact.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Acoustimass 300 white+amber+red after last Bose update

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi @maxpower_, thanks for posting!

I'm very sorry to hear that your Acoustimass 300 is no longer working as it should. It seems as though you have completed extensive troubleshooting which is really appreciated. At this point, there is nothing further that we can do to help beyond troubleshooting via the Bose Community. I understand that you're unhappy with the repair option that was already provided, but this concern will need to be expressed to the local support team.

If you have any questions, please do let me know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dclark721
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2021

Any luck with this? I’m having the same issue. 

maxpower_
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Absolutely nothing from Bose, I emailed, I called, I posted here. Zero help from their mods and attempts to reach out have been met with silence or an out of pocket cost I'm expected to cover fully. For an update they issued that essentially bricked my previously functioning bass module. Unreal. 😞

Charlotte_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi @maxpower_, thanks for posting!

I'm very sorry to hear that your Acoustimass 300 is no longer working as it should. It seems as though you have completed extensive troubleshooting which is really appreciated. At this point, there is nothing further that we can do to help beyond troubleshooting via the Bose Community. I understand that you're unhappy with the repair option that was already provided, but this concern will need to be expressed to the local support team.

If you have any questions, please do let me know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Andy_UK
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

This is a next to useless response.

Along with others, I have got the same problem and tried all the things Maxpower has done.

Bose have created this problem with an update and refuse to take responsibility for it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no service option in the UK.